C76

Shu Shuishui slept for a long time this time, and with the intention of hibernation, the little dormouse relaxed. The snowman plush pillow in his arms became Shu Shuishui’s new favorite, to the point that he didn’t even hug his tail while sleeping.

It was the first time Gu Langu had witnessed Shu Shuishui’s hibernation. He felt that even the sleeping little mouse was incredibly adorable. After Shu Shuishui had slept for three consecutive days, Gu Langu couldn’t resist the temptation and playfully tugged at the snowman plush pillow in the little dormouse’s embrace.

Without even opening his eyes, the chubby-faced dormouse managed to convey a sense of grievance. “Hugging the pillow… Shu Shuishui’s… Gu Gu, be good…”

Gu Langu leaned close to Shu Shuishui’s ear and whispered, “If the pillow is Shu Shuishui’s, can Shu Shuishui also be Gu Gu’s?”

In his sleep, Shu Shuishui’s response seemed a bit delayed. After a while, he murmured in reply, “Pillow… Shu Shuishui’s… Gu Gu’s… also Shu Shuishui’s…”

Gu Langu couldn’t help but think, “Well, I guess that’s not so different, after all.”

On the fifth day, Shu Shuishui woke up. When the little dormouse opened his eyes while still hugging the snowman plush pillow, he felt a bit disoriented. He blinked and asked Gu Langu, who was by his side, “Gu Gu, is it already summer? I woke up.”

Gu Langu reached out and gently rubbed the mouse’s cheek, and Shu Shuishui subconsciously nuzzled against his touch.

“Not yet, but it’s been five days,” Gu Langu replied.

Shu Shuishui’s nuzzling paused. “Five days? Are you sure it’s not fifty days?”

Gu Langu nodded. “Five days.”

Shu Shuishui was a bit shocked. He had woken up before winter had even passed! And he didn’t feel sleepy at all. However, unlike the previous bout of insomnia, Shu Shuishui felt that he could still fall asleep if he lay down again, although it wasn’t necessary anymore.

The little dormouse rolled off the snow bed and stood up. He still held the snowman plush pillow in his arms. He strolled around the snow bed a few times before patting his paw. “I understand now. This simulation pod is activated using psychic energy. If a mouse hibernates in here, it’s twice as effective. The spirit becomes especially invigorated, right?”

Gu Langu had already deduced the reason from Shu Shuishui’s behavior and nodded naturally at his words. “Shui Shui guessed correctly.” Of course, what Gu Langu didn’t mention was that the simulation pod was currently consuming his mental energy, and Shu Shuishui’s energy was untouched, which led to this situation.

Shu Shuishui poked his cheek with his paw. “In that case, Gu Gu, let’s go have a snowball fight!”

Gu Langu readily agreed, completely ignoring the blinking communication device.

On the spacious ground floor, the two of them engaged in a playful snowball fight, with Shu Shuishui’s agile body sometimes hiding under tables and other times climbing onto tables to ambush Gu Langu. He aimed tiny snowballs at Gu Langu’s nose.

Shu Shuishui giggled, dodging Gu Langu’s snowballs, and the game continued.

After numerous snowball fights, Gu Langu also found the right way to play the game: making snowballs the size of soybeans. Sometimes when he hit Shu Shuishui, the little dormouse would become even happier. He might even praise Gu Langu for his improved skills.

When the dormouse grew tired from running around, he sat on the table and held a cup made of snow to drink water. Of course, the water here was also made of snow, and what Shu Shuishui drank was just an illusion created by Gu Lang’s mental energy.