C71

Liu Po felt extremely embarrassed. It was bad enough that his own foolish younger brother tried to lure someone else’s pet, but the problem was that he failed and got scorned.

Choked by Shu Shuishui’s words, Liu Du couldn’t help but recall the fear he felt when he first saw Shu Shuishui, dominated by revengeful mosquitoes. “Why is it scary? Wouldn’t it be even cuter if Shui Shui gains some weight?”

Shu Shuishui shook his head earnestly. “Obesity usually comes with hormonal imbalances and some hair loss. I don’t want to end up all bald like you guys, having to rely on clothes for warmth when going out. Plus, my little tummy is just fine this way.” As he spoke, Shu Shuishui extended his paw and patted his little belly.

Actually, Shu Shuishui hadn’t mentioned a very important point: if a hand-controlled dormouse really gained a pound every year, wouldn’t it become impossible to sleep in Gu Gu’s perfect palm in the future?

Liu Du was speechless.

Liu Po, who inexplicably found Shu Shuishui’s words quite logical: “…” He understood why Liu Du had been brainwashed. Shu Shuishui wasn’t just a talking mouse; he was a logical one.

It was impossible to take Shu Shuishui away. As long as Gu Langu was alive, it couldn’t happen.

However, Liu Du was quite persistent and always felt he could give it another try. But as he looked at the lush green valley and the four grasshoppers nurtured by Shu Shuishui, he suddenly realized that his pride in the B district base seemed impoverished, with nothing impressive to show off.

Life conditions revolved around clothing, food, shelter, and transportation. Seeing that food wasn’t an option for now, as hibernation was inevitable in the winter no matter where they were, Liu Du felt he could focus on clothing and shelter. Looking at the fluffy Shu Shuishui and pondering how he might look in clothes, Liu Du had an overwhelming sense that he was about to be smitten. “Does Shui Shui like new clothes? There are many in the B district, along with lots of beautiful houses. I can personally set up a grand villa just for Shui Shui.”

If Liu Du’s previous attempt at luring had some semblance of disguise, now it was boldly overt. Gu Langu, Nan Ge, and Yu Jin, who had come along, all shot sharp glances at Liu Du. Liu Du, on the other hand, seemed completely unbothered by their scrutiny, adopting a “you can look all you want” attitude.

However, Gu Langu’s trio wasn’t particularly worried because they knew that Shu Shuishui was different from the flashy and cheap mice outside. He wouldn’t care about such matters.

But unexpectedly, Shu Shuishui tilted his little head and started to seriously contemplate.

Liu Du’s eyes lit up, and Yu Jin struggled to contain his impatience. He almost wanted to reach out and shake the little mouse’s neck to snap him out of it. Just as Yu Jin was about to speak out, Shu Shuishui finally lifted his tiny head. However, he didn’t respond to Liu Du; instead, he turned to Gu Langu. “Does Gu Gu want to wear new clothes? Does Gu Gu want to live in a big villa? It’s my lack of ability that prevented me from building a villa for Gu Gu. I could only let Gu Gu live in a tent and make hats and gloves for Gu Gu, but I couldn’t make clothes.”

The more the little dormouse spoke, the sadder he seemed. It was as if he believed he was truly useless. His tiny ears drooped little by little, and eventually, it lay dejectedly against the furry head. Even his whiskers seemed to droop, and every strand of fur on his body emitted an aura of self-blame. Tears welled up in his eyes as he looked at Gu Langu.

Liu Po was almost floored. So, this little mouse had actually made that tent! He even made gloves and hats. What kind of mouse was this? And why would a mouse possess such a sense of responsibility to provide for its family?