C79

Given that the black giant cat was anything but cat-like, Shu Shuishui’s fluffed-up fur was about to stand on end, but then it deflated back down. With an indifferent expression, he used his little paw to pet the cat.

After a moment, the large cat in front of him started to purr, the rhythmic purring sound rhythmically assaulting Shu Shuishui’s eardrums.

The big cat had closed its eyes, its belly rising and falling rhythmically. Seeing this, Shu Shuishui planned to quietly retract his paw and make his escape.

However, just as the little dormouse began to move, the black cat opened its eyes, gazing at the nonchalant bundle of fluff. It let out a few eager meows, trying to please. Noticing that Shu Shuishui wasn’t reacting, it simply thrust its massive head over, extending its tongue to give Shu Shuishui a thorough lick from head to foot.

Shu Shuishui: !!! What’s going on? Are you revealing your true nature? Are you trying to taste me first?!

The cat’s single lick wasn’t enough; it brought its head closer again. Without hesitation, Shu Shuishui kicked the cat’s nose with his paw, then quickly leaped and landed on the floor with a thud, a gust of wind swirling around his feet as he darted under the sofa.

All of this happened within two seconds. By the time Shu Shuishui had safely darted under the sofa, the sound of the cat’s pained yelp reached them from the sofa.

The interaction between the cat and the dormouse finally caught the attention of the other two in the room, their footsteps drawing near. From beneath the sofa, Shu Shuishui spotted a pair of feet belonging to Wu Lan, while Li Meng took a couple of hops and was then lifted up by Wu Lan, and placed on the sofa.

Shu Shuishui couldn’t see Li Meng’s current state on the sofa, but he had already mentally labeled Li Meng as someone who forgets about mice in the presence of a love interest. The little dormouse crossed his arms and sat under the sofa.

“Wu Lan, is your cat okay? My Shui Shui is well-behaved. He usually doesn’t fight with cats,” Li Meng’s voice sounded from above.

“It’s fine, Gu Wa is quite tough. Maybe it scared your pet mouse,” Wu Lan checked his pet and reassured Li Meng.

Li Meng seemed to be choked up by the “Gu Wa” nickname, remaining silent for a couple of seconds. “Your cat has a unique name.”

Wu Lan’s voice carried a hint of helplessness. “Gu Wa really likes bones. Even the dogs in our neighborhood are afraid of it. It doesn’t seem much like a cat. Also, Gu Wa never eats mice for some reason, nor does it let other cats or dogs in the neighborhood eat them. It even once escorted a baby mouse back to its nest…”

Li Meng: “…” After glancing at the big black cat, which remained regally aloof even through the pain, felt like his worldview had been shattered.

Under the sofa, Shu Shuishui’s tiny ears twitched, sensing something amiss. How could there be a cat that liked bones? Bones? Gu Gu? The big black cat?

Shu Shuishui shook his tiny head frantically, how could that be possible? That cat from earlier looked so foolish, it couldn’t possibly be his Gu Gu.

“Shui Shui, are you okay? It’s not right to hit the cat. Come out and apologize to Gu Wa. You can still be friends,” while Shu Shuishui was in chaos, Li Meng’s inquiry sounded from above.

Shu Shuishui remained unmoved, still sitting with his paws crossed under the sofa.

Naturally, Li Meng understood Shu Shuishui’s uniqueness, which was why he felt at ease with their interaction with the cat. But what he hadn’t anticipated was that before the cat could react, Shu Shuishui had already taken a swipe at it. Without waiting for Shu Shuishui’s response, Li Meng grew somewhat anxious. However, due to a muscle strain in his right leg, his mobility was limited. He couldn’t even squat down to look at Shu Shuishui.