C114

In his dreamless sleep, Shu Shuishui remained completely unaware, still lost in deep slumber.

As for Gu Langu, having earned his first stash of private funds today, he also had a rare good dream, though it got a bit intense, causing him to lower his body temperature.

Although Shu Shuishui had initially asked for only a small sum of private funds, just one cent, Gu Langu felt it was too little, insufficient for Shu Shuishui. Even though the Shui Ring contained many treasures collected on the Huanxing continent, they weren’t earned by him personally. Hence, he decided to collaborate with the gray-furred rats to earn money.

Nan Ge had no idea that those flags were all created by Gu Langu himself. Despite considering himself well-acquainted with Gu Langu, he couldn’t anticipate the increasingly peculiar direction his friend’s actions were taking.

It can be said that Gu Langu went to great lengths for his private funds. He even went as far as to search his own mind to find the most satisfying welcome phrases to use as slogans on the flags.

The following day, Gu Langu woke up punctually, but he didn’t receive Shu Shuishui’s usual morning kiss. So, he decided to go over and plant a kiss on Shu Shuishui’s forehead. His temperature was average, and he didn’t have a fever, so was he just being lazy?

Because of Shu Shuishui’s dedication to sleep, occasional scenarios like this would occur. After ensuring that Shu Shuishui didn’t display any signs of discomfort, Gu Langu wasn’t in a hurry and patiently waited for his morning kiss.

In reality, Shu Shuishui didn’t oversleep this time; he had unknowingly slipped into another dream. After falling asleep last night, his dreams had been empty for a while. Then, in an endless expanse of pure white, Shu Shuishui heard voices.

“So, am I dead? I refuse to accept it. There are so many people in the world, why did it have to be me who died?”

“Yes, but if you bind with me, you can continue to live.”

“What are you?”

“I am a system, a vessel capable of traveling through time and space. As long as there’s a supply of energy, I can function.”

“What is this energy?”

“Energy is the fluctuation of emotions in living beings. The stronger and purer the emotions, the stronger the energy…”

Shu Shuishui listened to the conversation, feeling somewhat perplexed. Both voices were unfamiliar to him. However, as the conversation continued, he learned the name of one of the individuals, who was called Shi An’an. The other entity claimed to be a system, but Shu Shuishui had no recollection of it.

Why did he enter Shi An’an’s dream? Shu Shuishui pondered this, unable to figure out the triggering conditions for these two consecutive dream entries.

Filled with questions, Shu Shuishui followed Shi An’an as they traversed different worlds within the dream, watching as Shi An’an completed one conquest after another.

Gradually, Shu Shuishui developed a strong interest in the system bound to Shi An’an. This system sounded like a highly-ranked spiritual tool but also resembled some kind of technological creation. It had its own marketplace transaction system, obtaining energy through equivalent exchanges, while providing the host with formidable capital and the ability to break free from reincarnation.

Compared to Shi An’an, Shu Shuishui found this system quite adorable. It was concise in speech, had strong principles, and approached things in an official manner. Shu Shuishui thought that as long as this system didn’t look like a cat, it would likely be very appealing to mice.