C46

In another room not far away, the tough and thick-skinned Yu Jin sneezed and continued packing his belongings. Having already decided to migrate, Yu Jin had packed many of his things and was just waiting for transportation. Soon, he carried a pile of items downstairs.

As he descended the stairs, he happened to meet Gu Langu and Shu Shuishui. Gu Langu carried two large flower pots in each hand!

Yu Jin was puzzled. “Boss, are you planning to grow flowers? We can find flower pots when we arrive at our destination.”

Shu Shuishui, with a familiar grasshopper bag on his back, flipped down one step at a time while replying earnestly, “These large flower pots are for farming! Does Mao Jin like flowers? I can plant one for you.”

undefined“Shui Shui, why are you calling me ‘Mao Jin’? Forget about the flowers; nothing can survive in winter, let alone plants,” Yu Jin explained gently, not wanting to upset the little mouse.

Shu Shuishui patted her small chest confidently. “I’m a field mouse; I can farm even in winter. I’ll roast sweet potatoes for you when the time comes.”

Not wanting to further shatter Shu Shuishui’s dreams, Yu Jin simply nodded. “Okay.”

Seeing the same lack of opposition from Gu Langu, Yu Jin gave up. He figured he could explain it more thoroughly once they reached their destination. On the Cang Zhan Star, even summer cultivation was challenging, let alone during the winter with temperatures near minus one hundred degrees Celsius.

No plant could survive such extreme cold, and even humans couldn’t stay outside for long. Planting crops in bed might be the only option.

Looking at Shu Shuishui’s excitement while carrying his grasshopper bag, Yu Jin shook his head. Convincing a field mouse not to farm was indeed a challenging task.

The three of them had only a moderate amount of belongings, and with the help of space-folding compressors, they made two or three trips to move everything.

Meanwhile, the other members of the base had also finished packing. It was already past one in the afternoon, and the three bases forming the migration team didn’t set off immediately. Instead, they had a warm meal at the base and then started the vehicles to head into the vast whiteness of the world.

The convoy was quite long, consisting of supply trucks, personnel vehicles, functional vehicles, Gu Langu’s special vehicle, and even buses with sleeping berths. The migration team was nearly a thousand people, and they couldn’t each have their own vehicle.

Of course, the leaders of the three bases didn’t need to squeeze with the others.

For example, Gu Langu and Shu Shuishui shared a car, while Yu Jin and Nan Ge drove another one, and the other two bases followed a similar arrangement.

In the front of the convoy was the snowplow vehicle, responsible for clearing a safe path. Of course, they couldn’t completely clear the snow, but they could create a passable road.

Beneath the accumulated snow was the frozen ice surface, which meant that once it froze, it would remain that way until the following summer. There was no point in waiting for it to thaw before migrating.

In Gu Langu’s car, the little dormouse obediently sat in the co-pilot seat, secured with a seatbelt. His entire furry body was snugly pressed against the backrest, with only his small head curiously looking around.

Due to his height, Shu Shuishui naturally couldn’t see the scenery outside. “Gu Gu, can I not wear the seatbelt?” The mischievous little dormouse sought Gu Langu’s opinion on breaking the rules.