C8

While Shu Shuishui was diligently preparing supplies for the journey, Gu Langu also prepared to set off. According to the data sent back by the detector, Imperial City would not experience an electromagnetic storm for at least ten days. This was a good opportunity for Gu Langu to bring back the mysterious scrambled pet.

Upon closer observation, Gu Langu also realized the extraordinary nature of this unidentified creature. It was intelligent and skilled in cultivation techniques. Even in the harsh environment of Imperial City, it could yield bountiful harvests. Although Gu Langu didn’t know the exact methods it used, the seven-day growth cycle was enough to cause explosive attention, especially in the resource-scarce world of Cang Zhan Star, where people could kill for a piece of bread.

This small and clean-loving scrambled pet had no idea about the world it was in, nor did it know the kind of madness and danger its abilities could bring.

Gu Langu could easily imagine the crisis the scrambled pet would face if it fell into the wrong hands. Although its race couldn’t be determined yet, its appearance resembled that of a mouse, so Gu Langu temporarily classified it as a rodent.

undefined“Yu Jin, I’m going to Imperial City. If other forces from Zone C arrive, just push them back,” Gu Langu said as he pushed open the gate of the base, not giving anyone time to react.

Yu Jin had just snapped back to reality when he realized Gu Langu had already disappeared outside the door. He could only scratch his head and wear a worried expression. “Boss has gone missing again. How do I explain this when Brother Nan comes back?”

Although Gu Langu enjoyed being alone, the power of one person was ultimately limited, especially in such an environment. Gu Langu’s semi-mechanical body couldn’t receive regular maintenance and would gradually weaken. That was also the reason why the Gu family exiled him to Cang Zhan Star.

However, shortly after his exile to Cang Zhan Star, some of his former subordinates and friends also arrived, some voluntarily and some involuntarily, but in the end, they all spontaneously gathered around Gu Langu.

As for the rumors that Gu Langu had annihilated not only the enemy but also his own army, they naturally didn’t believe them. Even if it were true, there must have been a reason behind it. After all, they had fought side by side and trusted Gu Langu, just like they trusted themselves.

After being exiled to Cang Zhan Star, Gu Langu indeed underwent many changes. The most noticeable change was the diminishing of his desires, not just the desire for battle, but all desires. Being a semi-mechanical being brought not only formidable combat power but also expensive maintenance costs.

Energy stones, nutrient fluids, and even skincare products couldn’t be obtained from Cang Zhan Star but had to be exchanged with the outside world. Their channel of exchange was the simulator. It was a one-way transporter that only transmitted non-living objects, and the tradeable items were limited and subject to strict scrutiny by the Interstellar Union.

Cang Shan Star earned the title of “Prison Planet” due to its strict closed management system. Except for valuable energy stones and various gems, no living beings or items could leave Cang Zhan Star.

Of course, besides that, people living in Zone C can leave Cang Zhan Star temporarily by extracting their spiritual bodies through the simulator. However, there are strict rules and purposes for this, but these are all secondary matters for now. Currently, the residents of Zone C are facing the question of whether or not to migrate, when to migrate, and where to migrate to.

In addition to Gu Langu, other forces in Zone C have also dispatched teams to enter Imperial City to investigate the specific situation of the electromagnetic storm, in order to determine the intensity and scope of the next electromagnetic storm. This concerns their own safety and personal interests.