C87

So, in the following time, you could see Gu Langu still sitting upright on the bamboo raft, unmoving, like a resolute statue. Instead, it was Shu Shuishui who would often pretend to fish for a while, then quietly wedge the small fishing rod onto the bamboo raft, gently get up, pick out the largest fish from the cup, and secretly place it into the bucket beside Gu Langu.

Once, twice, thrice…

Every time the little dormouse leaned over the edge of the bucket to look inside, a hint of dissatisfaction would pass through his eyes. Even though, in the end, almost all the fish it had caught were transferred into the bucket, the bucket still appeared empty.

When Shu Shuishui was once again transferring the fish to the bucket, just as the little fish had entered the bucket, Gu Langu’s gaze shifted over.

Shu Shuishui, with his furry body, still hung on the edge of the bucket. He wiggled his little paws in the air, then waved his claws to greet Gu Langu and pointed at the bucket. “Gu Gu is so amazing. You’ve caught so many fish, and each one is bigger than the ones I caught.”

Gu Langu looked at Shu Shuishui’s small water cup, in which only a thin and feeble little fish remained, leisurely swimming without appearing crowded. Then he looked at his own bucket, where slender little fish darted around merrily, the school of fish had grown in size.

A slight movement stirred within Gu Langu’s heart, and a smile crept into his eyes. “Shui Shui is amazing.”

Shu Shuishui’s little ears twitched, and then he shook his head earnestly. “No, no, no, it’s Gu Gu who’s amazing.”

Gu Langu couldn’t help but chuckle softly. He also wedged the fishing rod onto the bamboo raft and then turned to lift the small dormouse, holding it high. He leaned his head sideways, his ear pressed against the furry chest of the little dormouse.

“Does Gu Gu want to lean on my chest? Sure, go ahead!” Shu Shuishui struggled to puff up his furry little chest.

Gu Langu couldn’t hold back another laugh. “I wanted to hear if Shui Shui’s heartbeat would speed up when telling a lie.”

Shu Shuishui’s little ears trembled, and he instantly caught on, using his paws to cover his chest. “Shui Shui didn’t lie. Gu Gu caught bigger fish than Shui Shui did. Gu Gu is truly amazing.”

Laughter brimmed in Gu Langu’s eyes, and he didn’t make things difficult for the little dormouse. He lowered Shu Shuishui and placed him at eye level.

Locking eyes, Shu Shuishui once again found himself entranced by the beauty. His little ears kept twitching. “Why aren’t there any stars in the sky of this space? It turns out they’ve all landed in Gu Gu’s eyes.”

Gu Langu felt his heart contract sharply, unexpectedly feeling the urge to shed tears.

Such cheesy words sounded so special to Gu Langu’s ears. It seemed that in his entire life, no one had ever spoken to him like this. While the world praised his accomplishments, his fierceness, and his abilities, only Shu Shuishui could see the starlight in his eyes. He didn’t even realize that his own eyes held starlight.

Gu Langu leaned his head forward, gently pressing his forehead against the furry head of the little dormouse.

Shu Shuishui was incredibly obedient, and he went along with it, rubbing against Gu Langu. “What’s the matter, Gu Gu?”

Gu Langu rested his head against the small melon-shaped head of the dormouse. His heart was heavy with an indescribable satisfaction, even more content than conquering the Xian Ge galaxy, more than tearing through battlefields, more than ripping through starry rivers. It seemed that all that mattered was this, and everything else could be disregarded. “Shui Shui, when will you grow up?”