C107

Inside the tent, it was very quiet. Despite the absence of any light, it felt like all the world’s radiance had converged in their hearts, at least giving Gu Langu a clarity of mind he had never experienced before. He reached out to comfort Shu Shuishui’s back, as if he was petting a little dormouse, one stroke after another, unsure whether he was soothing Shu Shuishui or himself.

There was silence for a long time as the two cuddled together, and it seemed as if time had come to a standstill.

“Shui Shui,” Gu Langu’s voice sounded somewhat husky.

Shu Shuishui made a soft sound to acknowledge that he had heard, but his head remained nestled in Gu Langu’s embrace, as if only the scent of Gu Langu could bring him peace.

“I also love Shui Shui, very, very, very much. I can’t live without you, and I can’t go on without you.” In fact, when Gu Langu was initially born into this world, he had no memories of Shu Shuishui. However, his soul instinctively guided him. He knew the battlefield was a place where one might face death at any moment, he knew that someone had plotted against him, but he never gave up on protecting the Canghai Galaxy. It was all because of a faint hope deep within him. What if? What if he were somewhere in this world? What if he just hadn’t found him yet? He couldn’t lose, he couldn’t die, and as long as he was alive, there was hope; once he died, there would be nothing left.

Gu Langu bore the burdens of the entire world, and his path of reincarnation was destined to be rough and filled with hardship. He lacked the completeness of the six desires and seven emotions, yet faced the relentless onslaught of the seven sufferings and eight difficulties. Unlike the fragmented memories in Shu Shuishui’s dream, Gu Langu’s dream that day took him completely back to his past.

It was as if he had relived his entire life, from birth to death, through one cycle after another. It was a vastly different experience from watching a fragmented movie, but rather being a true dreamer. Gu Langu’s memories were not fragmented, yet the more he knew, the more secrets he held. Many of these secrets could not be uttered, and he hoped that these secrets would remain buried.

Gu Langu never felt sadness or sorrow for the hardships he had endured. As Shu Shuishui put it, “amaryllis,” meaning, “I know you’re there, we’re of the same root and branch, and that’s enough.”

Hearing Gu Langu’s response, Shu Shuishui chuckled softly and finally sat up straight, reaching out to playfully tug at Gu Langu’s clothes. “Of course, Shui Shui is unique and irreplaceable. Fluffy and cute, can cook and sew, can catch cats, and fish, and take care of Gu Gu, save the world, one of a kind, irreplaceable.”

Gu Langu couldn’t help but smile. “Yes, Shui Shui is one of a kind.” Shu Shuishui scooted forward and opened the tent’s curtain. The icy season was coming to an end, and occasionally, the sky outside would clear, revealing the vast starry sky beyond the clouds. The starlight outside momentarily shattered into scattered gem-like fragments, falling upon the two of them, their eyes, and their clasped hands, creating a dazzling scene.

Not far away, the lake resembled a mirror, and the lotus flowers growing on it appeared as intricate patterns on the mirror’s surface. Occasionally, small fish would poke their heads out, creating concentric ripples, making the night serene and cool.

Shu Shuishui’s nose was still slightly red, as were his eyes, but his gaze was clear and transparent as if washed by water. When he woke up initially, he had many questions he wanted to ask, such as what was in the last area of the brain that he guarded so tenaciously, or why Gu Langu would risk himself despite knowing the schemes and dangers. However, in the end, he didn’t ask anything because he knew the answers.