C4

Others chimed in agreement upon hearing this. “Yeah, if Gu Langu didn’t lose control, the Gu family might have had a higher status. But what the Gu family did was quite extreme. Not to mention Gu Langu, even a normal person would probably go crazy. Being born in life and death, neither human nor ghost and then suddenly one day, a brother emerges to take over everything…”

“It’s actually understandable. It’s fine to let Gu Langu fight, but to let a semi-mechanical person manage the family, the Gu family would never agree.”

“A semi-mechanical being can’t be considered human after all. Even if every bone and muscle in their body is perfectly replicated, they’re still a cold machine, a machine that lost control.”

“I heard that he lost control on the battlefield, not only annihilating the enemy but also wiping out his own troops…”

undefinedHu Sichen was irritated to the extreme and kicked away the annoying and sleazy man beside him. “Damn, blabbering like a woman gossiping! “

The sleazy man flew several meters away and landed on the ground, chewing on some mud, without reducing his sleaziness at all. He got up nonchalantly and sighed, “Speaking of women, I don’t know if I’ll ever get to touch one in this lifetime.”

The others responded with a look that said, “Stop daydreaming.” Cang Zhan Star was what kind of star? Before they entered, Cang Zhan Star was called a prison, a desolate star, a savage star, a post-war star, a resource star, and an edge star. In short, it had various names, but they all summed up to disaster.

Cang Zhan Star used to be a planet of moderate civilization, with technological advancements and an evolving population at a decent level. However, unfortunately, Cang Zhan Star became entangled in an interstellar war. For the sake of war, the unauthorized use of genetic weapons led to the planet’s massive destruction.

After the great devastation, all higher intelligent life on Cang Zhan Star met with extinction, even the survival environment of plants and animals underwent severe tests. Eventually, Cang Zhan Star became a desolate and uninhabited planet. If there were no human intervention, perhaps in tens of millions or even billions of years, the planet would undergo a cycle and give birth to new life, starting from single-celled organisms, progressing and advancing once again.

Unfortunately, Cang Zhan Star didn’t hold such value that the people of the Cang Star System would wait for. According to the authoritative calculations of the Star Alliance, Cang Zhan Star didn’t have the possibility of producing rare materials. Thus, in the end, the fate of Cang Zhan Star was like that of most failed advanced planets—it became a resource star with low exploitation value.

In the vast Canghai Galaxy, even giant stars reached trillions, and planets were countless. Among them, resource stars referred to planets that were not suitable for habitation but had exploitable resources. Resource stars were also divided into different levels, and Cang Zhan Star was the lowest tier. It not only had a harsh environment but also had limited exploitable resources, mainly metals, carbon-based and silicon-based gemstones, and energy stones.

The majority of people sent to Cang Zhan Star were defeated prisoners of war. It was an imprisoned planet, and its inhabitants were all losers—losers on the battlefield, losers in family disputes, business wars, careers, politics, and so on. It was a planet with no way out. Hence, it was aptly called the “prison planet.” Furthermore, the concept of escape did not exist on this planet, unless one could overcome the gravity and fly out of the atmosphere.

However, the planet’s administrators would not allow such loopholes to exist. All teleportation devices on the planet were one-way, meaning they only allowed entry and not exit. No flying objects would come near or land on the planet. The existing technology and resources on the planet were insufficient to support the production of aircraft. Moreover, there was a comprehensive surveillance system outside the planet that prevented any escape attempts. Any flying object attempting to leave the planet would be indiscriminately destroyed.