C121

The opportunity that Liu Po had mentioned arrived the following day. On this morning, there was no sunlight, and people could only judge the time by looking at their clocks. The world was shrouded in darkness, and there was no significant brightness due to sunrise. At most, it begrudgingly allowed people to barely make out the contours of the world.

However, along with the faint light came the unsettling ripples on the water’s surface. After a night of heavy rain, the wind had finally picked up!

Those who had spent time surviving on Cang Zhan Star knew that the most terrifying aspect of the rainy season wasn’t the heavy rain itself, but the storms. Storms on Cang Zhan Star were far more destructive and deadly than the rain.

Especially for the fleets anchored on the water’s surface, encountering a storm was a test of life and death. Considering the current year’s rainfall, the storm might be even more terrifying than previous years.

On this morning, everyone woke up very early, or rather, many had trouble sleeping last night. In the vast water world, they couldn’t see the direction to move forward, so they could only stand still and leave their fate to the elements, ensuring they wouldn’t lose their course.

As the clock’s hands pointed to six o’clock, countless people were already standing by the windows, gazing at the endless water and sky. It seemed like a dense curtain of pearls had hung between the sky and the earth, uninterrupted since last night. The purple-red lightning, which had cracked the firmament throughout the night, showed no signs of gentleness.

The gradually rising waves on the water’s surface drew everyone’s attention. Not only the Shui Jing Gong fleet but all the fleets sounded alarms, demanding that everyone be ready to withstand the storm at any moment.

In the Shui Jing Gong fleet, all the crew members from the smaller boats had retreated to the main ship last night. Most of the smaller boats had been stored in the main ship’s hold or were tethered nearby for emergency use.

As for the main ship, thanks to the contributions of Xie Feng and many other talented individuals, it no longer required people to brave the storm on the deck. Most operations and control could be carried out in the control room. There were personnel stationed there, ready to respond to any unforeseen circumstances.

The B Zone fleet was also well-prepared. Their equipment was quite good, with most boats obtained through exchanges with simulators. Their technological level remained at the forefront of Cang Zhan Star. But, they didn’t have access to extraterrestrial technology, or they wouldn’t need to worry about the storm.

Due to recent communication and familiarity, the two fleets weren’t far apart, with some even overlapping into each other’s areas for the convenience of boarding. Short-distance communication had been established between the two bases, allowing them to communicate with each other.

Considering that the ships couldn’t be too close once the storm hit, the fleets had started gradually spacing themselves out. There was a newfound understanding between them. After all, hitting a reef was bad luck, but colliding with a teammate’s ship would be unacceptable.

The waves on the water grew larger, and the ships’ swaying became more pronounced. Amidst the deafening thunder and lightning, the sound of the wind steadily increased in volume, as if it were sounding the horn of an attack.

Finally, the strong wind descended from the sky like an irritable monarch, determined to churn the surface of the water into chaos.

In the control room of the main ship, Shu Shuishui gazed at the outside world through tempered glass. He realized that her fear of thunder and lightning last night had come too early, as today’s storm had rewritten his understanding of wind. He had the illusion that the fierce wind would bring down the lightning from the sky.