C31

Don’t take the title too seriously HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

That night, Shu Shuishui had a peaceful sleep for the most part, except for occasional nightmares like being chased by a cat or seeing Hazelnut being eaten by a cat.

Shu Shuishui had heard about a human named Sadako, who was said to be very powerful and not afraid of cats. Shu Shuishui once wished to train Hazelnut to be as formidable as Sadako so that it wouldn’t be afraid of cats in dreams.

However, Shu Bao later told Shu Shuishui that it would be more practical to cultivate a Hazelnut spirit. Thus, the attempt to turn Hazelnut into a formidable creature like Sadako failed.

undefinedWhile Shu Shuishui enjoyed sweet dreams, there were many sleepless people that night, including Team B led by Liu Du from Zone B. Although it was not suitable for action at night and the team had rested, Liu Du was burdened by worries and had a sense of impending doom.

Who exactly took the two simulators? Why didn’t they leave any traces? No! Something was wrong! Liu Du suddenly remembered the mutated mosquito carcass he had seen before.

The more Liu Du thought about it, the more something felt off. He kicked the person sleeping next to him to wake them up. “Do you remember the mosquito carcass we saw during the day? How do you think that mosquito died?”

“Huh?” The person who was kicked was still a bit groggy and felt like they were in a dream upon hearing Liu Du’s question.

“I’m asking you a question, don’t just stand there!” Liu Du impatiently urged.

“Du ge, are you okay? If we can’t find the simulators, it’s fine. We have enough food in our base to last through the winter. Don’t worry too much.” The person who was kicked thought that Liu Du was under a lot of psychological pressure and acting a bit strange.

Liu Du immediately gave the person another kick. “Just answer honestly, no need for all the nonsense.”

Liu Du’s kicks were not too heavy, but they were enough to bring the person back to their senses. “How can a mosquito die? It’s naturally swatted to death…”

The person’s voice trailed off, seeming to realize something. “Wait! The mosquito’s body wasn’t completely flattened. It looked like only half of it was squashed!”

And if it was a mutated mosquito, they would appear in groups when they detected large warm-blooded animals. So why was there only one mosquito carcass?

“Under what circumstances would someone only flatten half a mosquito by swatting it? The most difficult part to deal with for mutated mosquitoes is their sharp mouthparts. Their bodies don’t have much defense, so they can easily be squashed. Who would bother squashing only half of it?” Liu Du felt like he had discovered something, but his mind couldn’t come up with a satisfactory answer.

The awakened person touched their nose. “Du ge, do you remember there was a small yellow flower on the mosquito carcass? Do you think it was deliberately placed there? Doesn’t it look like a funeral?”

Liu Du “…”, a funeral for a mosquito? Who would hold a funeral for a mosquito? Liu Du felt a headache coming on, and in the end, they couldn’t come up with a definitive answer. They could only fall asleep with a heavy heart.

Shu Shuishui had no idea that its actions had caused great trouble for Team B. After all, with its small paws, it was impossible for Shu Shuishui to flatten the mosquito completely. It could only hold the mosquito and try to squash it against a stone.

As for the small yellow flower, since the mosquito didn’t manage to suck any blood and only left two small holes on Shu Shuishui’s cheek without penetrating, Shu Shuishui felt the mosquito could be forgiven if only it wasn’t after the two grasshoppers. Shu Shuishui hoped that if one day it was caught stealing someone’s livestock and got killed, the person would also place a small flower on its body.