C92

In the previous dungeon, Li Meng opened a study named “Li Dream Study,” and that pair of rings, Shu Shuishui had a feeling beforehand that the dungeon was created to refine those rings.

Shu Shuishui raised his hand and looked at the ring on his ring finger. A pair of rings that transcended the cycle of life and death, unbound by the laws of heaven, and the conditions for their refinement must have been extremely demanding, including the person who refines them, the materials, the environment—everything was a constraint.

If the refinement failed, the losses would probably be not just the rings themselves, but also the souls of Li Meng and Wu Lan, or perhaps even more.

If Li Meng really came from the world of cultivation, then Li Meng’s own strength was probably also quite terrifying. Because only in this way could Li Meng shatter the void, and reach another world. Only in this way would there be the qualification and capability to refine such a pair of rings.

Gu Lanyi also sensed the peculiarity of the study in front of him. Compared to the dilapidation throughout the city, although the study was imbued with the scent of dust, there was not the slightest hint of decay.

Extending his hand, Gu Lanyi couldn’t help but gently touch the door of the study. Subconsciously holding his breath, he waited for a moment, but there was no sign of the building crumbling or dissipating. “This is really strange, what kind of wood is this? Its preservation capabilities are incredible. Judging by the level of weathering of the surrounding buildings, this city has been abandoned for at least thousands of years.”

Gu Lanyi marveled at the door, thinking about how even if it were iron, it would have corroded to nothing after such a long time. He studied the door of the study, clearly wanting to open it and take a look.

Shu Shuishui also approached the main entrance, raising his hand to gently brush against the wall, sensing the residual spiritual energy on it. If, as Gu Lanyi said, this city had been abandoned for thousands of years, then what kind of person could set up an array to last for so long?

“There’s no lock either, why won’t it open?” The door of the study wasn’t particularly heavy, and it had delicate carvings on it. Through the gaps, one could vaguely see the interior. Gu Lanyi couldn’t resist getting closer, leaning in to peer inside through the opening.

However, in just a few seconds, Gu Lanyi suddenly recoiled, quickly stepping back, and he almost stumbled due to his unsteady movement.

“What’s wrong? A little startled?” Shu Shuishui reached out to steady Gu Lanyi.

Gu Lanyi took a deep breath to calm himself down. “There’s someone inside, moving around! I saw someone going upstairs.”

Shu Shuishui looked at the door, walked to the carved gap, and peered inside the building.

But he didn’t see anything. Perhaps Gu Lanyi’s eyes had deceived him, or maybe the person had gone upstairs and was out of sight. However, regardless of the circumstances, Shu Shuishui knew he had to explore this building. After all, he still needed to confirm Li Meng’s identity.

Moreover, most of the buildings in this city were heavily weathered, turning to dust at the slightest touch. This study was the only well-preserved structure they had encountered so far.

The building was equipped with an array formation, and Shu Shuishui had never broken an array before, nor was he sure if he could succeed. Placing both hands on the door, he channeled his spiritual energy into his palms, intending to forcefully break the array.

Seeing Shu Shuishui’s actions, Gu Lanyi reminded from the side, “You won’t be able to open it like that. I just tried. This door…”

A slight creaking sound emerged, and the door was gently pushed open.