C9

Facing the rising sun, Shu Shuishui drove his car toward the west. Sitting in the driver’s seat, he held the steering wheel with one hand and hummed the song “Seaweed, Seaweed, Seaweed~” happily. He enjoyed the cheerful journey and didn’t mind the lack of air conditioning in his toy car, as the temperature difference in the desert was not a problem for him.

Unbeknownst to Shu Shuishui, there was a small hidden detector following him from behind. As he drove westward, there were also many vehicles approaching the Imperial City from the west. Shu Shuishui continued his journey, unaware of the presence of the hidden detector.

Long drives were always dull, especially in the monotonous yellow sand where everything seemed the same except for the varying heights of sand dunes. However, Shu Shuishui was accustomed to this solitude and enjoyed traveling, so his mood remained good.

With a cheerful mood, Shu Shuishui kept humming his favorite seaweed dance.

undefined“Like seaweed, seaweed, seaweed, swaying with the waves, seaweed, seaweed, seaweed, seaweed…”

Shu Shuishui believed that he wasn’t a fickle dormouse, so he could sing the same song all morning. However, this led to Gu Langgu, who had been secretly observing him, getting brainwashed by the seaweed song for the whole morning. It left him feeling dazed.

Gu Langgu thought that he probably wouldn’t want to see seaweed for the rest of his life, but what could he do when the chaotic mouse seemed to love it?

Gu Langgu was also driving a car, rushing toward Shu Shuishui’s direction. On the screen, the toy car driven by the little mouse was agilely climbing hills, creating a comical scene. Gu Langgu thought that even the toy car driven by the little mouse looked incredibly cute.

Luckily, Gu Langgu’s hurried departure went unnoticed by others, so nobody knew what he was thinking. Otherwise, they would definitely think that something was wrong with Gu Langgu.

When the sun reached its zenith, the temperature became unbearable for travel. Even with explosion-proof tires, the wheels couldn’t withstand the heat. Moreover, there was no air conditioning in the small car, and Shu Shuishui had already taken off his hat, gloves, and scarf but still felt extremely hot.

In the end, Shu Shuishui took out a spirit stone from his spiritual and set up a Frost Formation. Similar to the Dew Formation, the Frost Formation created even lower temperatures. Shu Shuishui intentionally used fewer spirit stones because he didn’t actually want frost to form; he just wanted to cool down.

With the formation in place, the scorching heat around him instantly dissipated. Shu Shuishui breathed a sigh of relief and took out a regular-sized sunshade from his spiritual space, placing it on the ground to provide shade for his car and the formation.

To avoid wasting the spirit stones, Shu Shuishui decided to make chilled mung bean soup since he had the Frost Formation. He got out of the car, set up a pot, and started boiling water. While waiting for the water to boil, he picked up mung beans and put them in an empty bamboo tube for rinsing. “One, two, three, four…”

Yes, Shu Shuishui counted a hundred mung beans meticulously because that’s how he measured them. The dormouse with OCD put the mung beans in the bamboo tube, added water, and shook it for a while before draining the water. After one rinse, the mung beans were clean.

Since the mung beans were not dried, Shu Shuishui skipped the soaking process and boiled them directly in the hot water. After boiling, he changed the water to cool them, removed the shells, and continued cooking the remaining mung beans over low heat.

With the Frost Formation in place, Shu Shuishui didn’t find it unbearable to sit by the fire. The little dormouse shook its head and imagined the scene of enjoying the mung bean soup while adding firewood.