C29

“Never mind, we can’t do anything about the Gu Langu for now. Let’s think about how to safely get through this winter. Cang Zhan Star is becoming more difficult with each passing year. Every day we survive is a gain…” Liu Po couldn’t help but complain about the environment on Cang Zhan Star in recent years.

Liu Po could only believe about 70% of Cheng Que’s words. Although Cheng Que had been involved in the Gu Langu transformation project, everyone who survived on Cang Zhan Star understood one thing: you can’t fully trust others, not even yourself, and it’s best not to have absolute trust.

Upon hearing this, Cheng Que remained silent, still looking out the window. It was evident that Cheng Que only became enthusiastic when discussing the Gu Langu issue; once the topic shifted, Cheng Que’s interest waned.

Liu Po dismissed it as Cheng Que’s special interest in Gu Langu and didn’t think much of it. Instead, he worried about this year’s simulators. In no time, he went out to contact the teams searching outside to gather information. If it weren’t for the recent influx of people into Zone B and the potential risks it posed, Liu Po would have gone out personally to search for the simulators.

undefinedThe sound of the door closing came from behind, followed by receding footsteps. Cheng Que, sitting by the window, slightly turned his head and looked at the closed door reflected in the glass. His expression was complex, showing some pity, envy, and unwillingness.

“It’s so good not to know anything,” he murmured softly, as if implying that he possessed some important secrets.

Who was Cheng Que? He was the youngest professor of Micro Synthetic Fibers and Artificial Intelligence in the Cang Star System. He had personally participated in the Gu Langu reconstruction project, focusing on the coordination between Gu Langu’s brain and its various artificial fibers. It could be said that he was someone who once understood Gu Langu’s thinking and was a crucial means of control for the Gu family. His glory was no less than that of a former war god, and many people hoped he would create more powerful half-mechanical beings to counter the Xian Ge Galaxy. Even after the war ended, Cheng Que’s status did not suffer a fatal blow like Gu Langu’s.

At least until a month ago, Liu Po would never have believed that Cheng Que would appear on Cang Zhan Star. After the war, many people needed half-mechanical prosthetics or organ replacements due to illnesses. Although the loss of control of Gu Langu had some impact on Cheng Que, a comprehensive investigation by the Star System Alliance did not find any fault on Cheng Que’s part. In other words, Cheng Que wasn’t responsible for Gu Langu’s loss of control.

Such an outstanding talent in the star system would never be banished to Cang Zhan Star unless he had made some fatal mistake. Cheng Que kept silent about the reasons for his exile, and Liu Po couldn’t find any clues among the others who were exiled with him. However, Liu Po had an inexplicable intuition that Cheng Que’s exile was likely related to Gu Langu.

But none of that mattered now. Before being banished, Cheng Que had obtained some basic information about Cang Zhan Star this year. He brought valuable information about this year’s cold wave pattern, the quantity of simulators to be deployed, and even some predictions about the landing points of some simulators. So, several days ago, Liu Po dispatched a team to quickly head toward the target location.

On Cang Zhan Star, every powerful faction estimates the landing time and location of the simulators. The timing of simulator deployment is not that difficult to deduce since there are only a few days during the seasonal transition with suitable weather conditions for deployment. The challenging part is predicting the landing location of the simulators. Simulators are deployed globally, except for confirmed uninhabited areas. Every other place is a potential landing site.