C97

Shu Shuishui had considered that Gu Langu was quite far away from him, but he hadn’t expected it to be this far.

As Da Bai ascended higher and higher, eventually leaving this continent behind, Shu Shuishui realized the grandeur of the so-called interstellar doomsday.

Shu Shuishui had once observed the galaxy’s scenery through an astronomical telescope – boundless, immense, and brilliantly sparkling – an unparalleled brilliance that even the most exquisite gemstone couldn’t rival.

However, this galaxy was frigid, dim, and barely surviving. Apart from a few remaining stars emitting light, there were hardly any other colors visible.

Though Da Bai couldn’t shatter the void to leave this spacetime, traveling between various planets within this spacetime was possible. However, for nine thousand years, Da Bai had tenaciously guarded the Li Dream Study, never venturing beyond that continent.

While flying through space, Da Bai relied not on speed but on spatial traversal. A spherical barrier had long formed around the book, serving as both a shield against external harm and providing spiritual energy for everyone’s survival.

The water-blue barrier continuously flickered amid the universe, resembling a small star that leaped and twinkled, adding a touch of brightness to the desolate cosmos.

After sleeping for an unknown duration, Gu Lanyi finally woke up contentedly. He sat up and stretched lazily without even opening his eyes.

Midway through his yawn, the scene before his eyes abruptly extinguished his yawn. Gu Lanyi choked momentarily, then couldn’t help but let out a belch. Struggling with hiccups, Gu Lanyi inquired with halting words, “Shu Shu Shu Shu Shu Brother… we… where… where are we…”

Shu Shuishui was currently tying a bow with the jiaolong, so he turned his head to look at Gu Lanyi. “Xiao Yi Yi, you’re awake. What’s the matter? Were you so surprised that it scared you?”

Gu Lanyi pinched his thigh hard, hiccuping as he spoke, and almost seemed like he was about to cry. “Bi… big… big bro… I’ll call you big bro… this isn’t… surprise… it’s clearly… fright… okay?”

Shu Shuishui tilted his head and leaned over, bringing his face closer. He extended his hand to pat Gu Lanyi’s head.

Gu Lanyi was left stupefied by Shu Shuishui’s actions. He waited for a while but didn’t see any continuation from Shu Shuishui. For a moment, he didn’t understand the meaning behind this gesture. “What are you doing? Hey? I’ve stopped hiccuping.”

Shu Shuishui untied the bow he had just made with the jiaolong, and the creature affectionately coiled around Shu Shuishui’s finger. “Weren’t you startled? Pet the fur, it won’t scare you.”

Gu Lanyi: ??? As a renowned cultural master, he couldn’t quite grasp the logic behind that statement.

However, the current situation wasn’t the time to focus on that. Gu Lanyi’s gaze turned toward the vast expanse of the universe that was seemingly within arm’s reach. “Have we left the planet? I’m actually sitting on a book traveling through interstellar space. This is unscientific!”

“Xiao Yi Yi, do you know? You remind me of a friend of mine.” Shu Shuishui’s words naturally referred to Xie Feng. One can imagine what kind of sparks would fly when these two science enthusiasts meet each other.

Gu Lanyi had already stood up and walked to the edge of the books. He tentatively touched the water-blue barrier created by the books, finding that he couldn’t pass through it. This brought him some relief, as at least he didn’t have to worry about falling out. Pressing against the barrier, Gu Lanyi didn’t even dare to blink his eyes, gazing out into the boundless cosmos. “It’s a bit strange.”