C86

After Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu left, the group discussed the timing of their next actions. Once the freezing season arrives, all external transportation will be blocked, and no one can stay outside for extended periods. Therefore, the simulator becomes the only means of communication for them.

Liu Po mentioned that he would arrange for someone to keep an eye on the dynamics of the simulation space. If any new suitable instances appear, they will contact Nan Ge through the simulator.

Once both sides had discussed their next steps, they began logging out one by one. After all, they had just finished an instance and had attracted some attention, so it was best to keep a low profile for a while.

While the instance’s duration in the real world was only two days, the time they experienced within the instance felt like several years or even a lifetime. Although their physical energy wasn’t greatly depleted, they still needed to adjust mentally. Otherwise, they could easily encounter psychological issues and perceptual errors.

After Nan Ge and the others logged out of the game, they discovered that Gu Langu and Shu Shuishui, who had left earlier, hadn’t actually logged out of the game but had exited the room. At this moment, they were still in the simulator. However, based on previous experiences, the two should be in the login space.

Nan Fang hesitated a bit and asked, “Brother, don’t we need to call the boss and Shui Shui? After all, not long ago, you were earnestly educating me about not relying too much on the simulator.”

Nan Ge naturally understood what Nan Fang was thinking. “They’re fine to do so, you’re not. Moreover, Shui Shui is hibernating inside, not strategizing an instance, so there’s no need to worry.”

Nan Fang nodded in a somewhat understanding manner, feeling a bit puzzled. In his big brother’s eyes, he seemed to be less reliable than a mouse.

The simulator’s world was indeed fraught with danger, but for those who didn’t need to strategize instances, being in the simulator allowed them to obtain food that could be converted into mental energy, reducing the consumption of food in the real world. Besides, the temperature in the simulator was comfortable, and as long as they had the ability, they could secure a place in the simulation space, such as hotels, taverns, and restaurants—everything that resembled a holographic online game. Therefore, there were always some people who wanted to escape reality and become immersed in the simulation space.

However, this wasn’t an issue for Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu. As for Gu Langu, it goes without saying that there were few things that could arouse his desires. The reason he stayed in the simulation space was because Shu Shuishui was hibernating there.

For Shu Shuishui, this place was a hibernation den. Although the den was unique—a huge snowman den styled like a two-story small building—when summer arrived, the dormouse remained a diligent dormouse. It needed to wake up regularly, pass through a ritualistic summer, a busy autumn of food storage, and then continue hibernating.

“Gu Gu, what do you think?” Inside the two-story snowman building, next to the soft pillow on the pure white snow bed, Shu Shuishui was constructing a small snow house.

Shu Shuishui stretched out its paw and patted the nearly completed hemisphere-shaped snow house. The snow house looked very neat, with an arched door facing the foot of the bed, appearing quite standardized.

Next to Shu Shuishui’s feet lay a familiar small shovel, but the shovel was clean as if it hadn’t been used.

Gu Langu leaned against the bed, his back against the wall. His long legs were casually resting on the bed, one leg raised with his hand resting on it, the other hand propped on the bed. He turned his head to look at Shu Shuishui’s creation and nodded approvingly. “Very good, Shui Shui, you have talent.”