C100

Yet the praised little one didn’t seem to have any issues at all. Its massive body tumbled through the air, causing those who had been crouching on the ground to wish they were lying flat on it.

Yu Jin couldn’t help but calm his racing heart. It wasn’t just him; everyone harbored contradictory emotions toward strength – fear and desire, avoidance and longing. This unprecedented level of power was both exciting and intimidating. On the wasteland planet, almost everyone was bellicose1an adjective that describes someone or something as being inclined towards aggression, hostility, or a readiness to engage in conflict or war. It implies a strong desire or tendency to fight or engage in aggressive behavior., for survival necessitated strength.

At this moment, Xie Feng was also beyond excited. The light bursting from his eyes was exactly the same as when Gu Lanyi had seen the books at Li Dream Study. Xie Feng’s primary focus was on technology, and the ultimate goal of technology was development and empowerment. It could be said that prior to this, Xie Feng had only seen this level of terrifying combat prowess in Gu Langu. Facing a hundred opponents singlehandedly, invincible in battle.

But that was when Gu Langu was at the peak of his abilities. Being a half-mechanical being, he had both prominent strengths and glaring weaknesses. Corresponding to his formidable combat power was the high maintenance cost. Sustaining Gu Langu in his peak state consumed astronomical amounts of energy resources. And this was the price of greatness.

Once such maintenance was disrupted, while Gu Langu wouldn’t die, his strength would rapidly decline, severely limited. Until he dropped to a critical point, although he would still be a powerful entity at that juncture, he wouldn’t be comparable to the former god of war that once roamed the stars. That’s also one of the reasons why the Galactic Alliance was at ease with exiling Gu Langu to this desolate planet.

However, the unnamed creature before them shattered the theorem Xie Feng had always believed in; that great power could possibly be unchecked, without the need to pay a predetermined price.

Generally, there’s a balance between reaping and investing. In the agricultural age of technological backwardness, people invested far more than they reaped. With technological advancement, this balance would gradually approach equilibrium.

Until now, Xie Feng had always believed that the endpoint of science was achieving a balance between investment and return. Yet, after witnessing such a crushing battle, he felt like something had shattered within his world. It was the shattering of a theorem he had always believed in. Simultaneously, it was the first time he was confronting an entirely new and unknown realm so directly.

In an instant, Xie Feng felt like there was something different about his body. Also, at that moment, he genuinely connected his body with the so-called spiritual power, officially crossing the threshold into cultivation.

Xie Feng marveled at the changes in his body. He was greatly curious about the Jiaolong as well. He even had an inexplicable intuition that everything happening today would have a significant impact on him and even on the Cang Zhan Star.

Because of this utterly one-sided battle, the desert planet seemed to harmonize. At least, nobody would ever think about attacking Gu Langu anymore.

Not to mention Gu Langu, they couldn’t even defeat his little son. What else was there to jump around for? Moreover, this gigantic flying monster gave off an invincible vibe.

The people didn’t know that this feeling wasn’t an illusion. After all, relative to this time and space, to this universe, the current Jiaolong was at the pinnacle of the world. It was the one taking over Lan Gu’s duties and responsibilities after his departure, guarding the world. In a certain sense, it could even be said that Jiaolong was the world’s fate and pillar.