C116

In the valley, with the concerted efforts of both humans and rats, the preparations for the migration were nearly complete in just ten days. From supplies to boats and personnel assignments, everything was ready for departure.

However, there were still five days left before they set off. Shui Jing Gong’s residents were in no hurry to leave. Since they were traveling by boat, they needed to wait for the waterways to clear.

Nan Ge and the others gathered to discuss the migration route. Most of the southern hemisphere was now submerged, presenting a spectacular sight. But for the long journey, they decided to follow the river.

A map was spread out on the long table in the meeting room, and Gu Langu, Nan Ge, and others sat around it, with Shu Shuishui also present, carefully studying the map.

“The Cang River, the world’s longest north-south river, with a wide and stable watercourse. However, with the severe flooding this year, it seems there may not be any calm rivers left in the world,” Nan Ge said, his hand tracing the path of the Cang River from south to north.

Xie Feng added, “It’s not just a matter of calmness. Due to the snowmelt, there’s water everywhere. The Cang River’s course has become uncertain, and the people in the northern hemisphere might not welcome us. The land and resources on Cang Zhan Star are already scarce, and now, with the Apocalypse Era upon us, in the worst-case scenario, we might have to face a battle between us.”

Xie Feng addressed the practical issues the migration faced, some of which he hadn’t detailed yet. For instance, the northern hemisphere of Cang Zhan Star had a more stable environment, and a larger area of arable land, which was why both A Zone and the Safe Zone were located in the northern hemisphere.

Because of this, the overall strength of the Northern Hemisphere was stronger than the Southern Hemisphere. If they were to fight, the southern hemisphere would be at a disadvantage.

Shu Shuishui, though, wore a rare serious expression. “Fighting isn’t good, but if we must, I’ll sharpen my claws in advance.” In the eyes of a dormouse, the world was already in an apocalyptic state, so what’s the point of fighting? Why not all sleep together peacefully? How much space could one bed occupy?

Although he thought this way, Shu Shuishui knew that humans were different from the dormice. Some things just had to happen, even if they didn’t seem pleasant. So for problems he couldn’t solve himself, Shu Shuishui would wisely act as an observer.

“For the situation outside, Boss and I have already deployed detectors, both in the air and in the water, to gather as much information as possible about the road conditions and the situation with aquatic mutated creatures. This will help us determine the safest route,” Xie Feng said while displaying his self-assembled light brain screen, showing real-time footage sent back by the detectors.

The footage from the high-altitude detectors was exceptionally clear, allowing everyone to visually witness a water-covered world. Towering peaks resembled isolated islands floating in an endless ocean. The shorter trees, just beginning to turn lush green for the summer, were already submerged beneath the water’s surface. When viewed from above, it was like seeing a reflection, but it was all real.

Shu Shuishui had actually witnessed similar scenes while traveling the world on Earth. It was a rainforest, with distinct rainy and dry seasons. During the rainy season, the jungle trees seemed to transform into aquatic plants, and fish and shrimp swam among the branches. With the reflection in the sky, it gave a surreal feeling of the fusion of heaven and earth.

The current situation on Cang Zhan Star was even more spectacular, with a broader water area and a more complex environment. In the apocalyptic setting, mutations were bound to become increasingly severe. No one could predict what challenges the upcoming major migration would bring.