C124

Due to Shu Shuishui’s promise of a field of melons, Gu Langu felt that today had been a fruitful day for his “stash.” In the days that followed, every time he discreetly counted his inventory, he made sure to include a melon seed.

During the enjoyable process of building up his “stash,” the fleet continued to sail northward for some distance and eventually anchored ashore one day. During this time, the Gray Rats Company began to gain recognition, at least among the new Shui Jing Gong members who unanimously approved of their services. The gray rats started receiving more and more orders.

As for their compensation, in the eyes of the people in the improving B Zone, two melon seeds and a sweet potato were well within acceptable limits.

Moreover, the most immediate benefit of joining the Shui Jing Gong was the improvement in the quality of life. The expected exclusion and oppression did not materialize, and even those who were assigned to the original B Zone boat didn’t feel any imbalance.

This was because the Shui Jing Gong residents were skilled at social interaction. While they gradually improved and upgraded the facilities of the B Zone boats little by little, they also introduced an exchange system for micro-farms and pastures.

In the past, the B Zone did exchange for a batch of micro-farms from the Shui Jing Gong, but those were considered communal property of the base. After a winter of consumption, these micro-farms were nearly depleted.

So, when the exchange system for micro-farms was introduced, it garnered widespread attention. According to the Shui Jing Gong’s announcement, anyone could exchange for micro-farms, provided they paid a certain amount of energy stones and planting points.

There was a note regarding these planting points, specifying that they weren’t for food but for planting trees.

This detail initially left many people perplexed, except for those who had the privilege of participating in the Huanxing dungeon with Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu. Most people were in a state of puzzled observation. They understood energy stones, as they were the preferred currency on Cang Zhan Star after food. However, how to obtain planting points was still a mystery.

This question didn’t linger too long, as they had anchored ashore. It was the first time they had done so since leaving the base, nearly a month of drifting on the water. As they gazed at the distant land with a faint green hue, a strange sense of belonging welled up within each person’s heart.

It seemed that humans were ultimately terrestrial animals. No matter how comfortable the boats were, there was nothing like setting foot on solid ground.

The area here was a slightly elevated plain, spared from the summer floods. Before reaching this piece of land, the fleet had weathered a terrifying storm after leaving the base and subsequently encountered four more storms, varying in intensity. Under the repeated assaults of these storms, the fleet became more proficient at handling them. Although they all suffered some losses, they no longer panicked like they did during the first storm.

There was even a kind of illusion that the summer storms were just like this, at most making a lot of noise. Thunder and lightning were just for show, not actually striking them; the rain was heavy, but it wouldn’t flood the entire world… such thoughts circulated among the crew.

However, they seemed to forget the reason why they can think of that; the Shui Jing Gong was safeguarding them. After the first unexpected storm, the Shui Jing Gong started using detectors to scout safe harbors in advance, judging when the storms would come based on air humidity and other information.

They would rather stay in a safe harbor for a few extra days until the storm passed than risk navigating on the water. Moreover, the Shui Jing Gong had methods to resist storms, especially after Shu Shuishui hurriedly created many talismans similar in function to wind shelter charms. These were used to ensure the fleet’s safety.