C129

The people from Shangyang Base were extremely tense. The mutated rats that were patrolling and conducting reconnaissance moved too quickly, and in the natural environment, it had to be said that animals were better at hiding than humans. Consequently, they couldn’t detect the whereabouts of those reconnaissance rats, leaving them uncertain if they had been exposed.

Despite holding binoculars, the people from Shangyang Base had already started sweating. They had a constant feeling that one or two mutated rats were hiding nearby, scouting their hiding spots perfectly. Meanwhile, those people outside were still planting trees! Planting trees, for goodness’ sake! This was madness! Either engage in combat or leave; what did this action mean?

The Shui Jing Gong and the other bases had already coordinated several times, and their teamwork was now seamless. The mutated rats were responsible for transporting and distributing saplings. After each person received their allotted saplings in exchange, they would follow their designated directions and diligently plant the trees.

By this point, most people had already realized that they had migrated to the residential area of the Northern Hemisphere. The vast continent was right before their eyes, and their long aquatic journey was about to come to an end.

Even so, nobody was in a hurry to continue their journey. With the presence of the Shui Jing Gong, their life on the water wasn’t as bad as they had imagined. They could even exchange for handy tools like the micro-farm. As for the micro-ranch, they weren’t particularly interested in grasshoppers at the moment; real food was what mattered.

Speaking of which, it seemed that only the Shui Jing Gong’s people were exchanging for the micro-ranch. Truly, it was a mysterious base, with so many people enjoying eating grasshoppers. They couldn’t fathom why anyone would have such a peculiar taste. Didn’t their base have a stockpile of edible mutated creature meat? Why were they fixated on the protein found in grasshoppers, something that could only get stuck in your teeth?

The Shui Jing Gong people’s obsession with roasted grasshoppers was something that others couldn’t quite comprehend. Before they had mastered the purification array for mutated creatures, roasted grasshoppers had been the most fragrant thing they’d ever smelled. So even though there was an ample supply of meat now, roasted grasshoppers remained an unparalleled delicacy in their hearts. Unbeknownst to them, roasted grasshoppers had become a part of the Shui Jing Gong’s culture.

Although the trees on Mount Shangya, even in the midst of summer, didn’t seem particularly lush and grew at a significant distance from each other, from a distance, the entire mountain range looked like a middle-aged person facing hair loss, sparsely populated and somewhat pitiful.

However, even in such an environment, it was considered acceptable on Cang Zhan Star. At least here, there was still space for plants and animals to thrive. At least the storms hadn’t destroyed everything, and the terrifying thunder and lightning had yet to visit this place.

To protect this seemingly barren land, which was precious on Cang Zhan Star but appeared barren to outsiders, the people of the Shangyang Base were prepared to fight to the death. Land was scarce, and the number of people it could support was limited. When it came to survival, each person would summon unprecedented courage and determination.

The people of the Shangyang Base had never considered that this colossal fleet would leave. After all, their arrival from the south indicated that there were no suitable landing points further south. Except for a few plateaus, the rest were likely submerged by water.

Continuing northward meant encountering increasingly powerful bases. These bases were situated at higher elevations, unaffected by the water levels, and had deep roots in Cang Zhan Star. They might have existed even before Cang Zhan Star was declared a wasteland. Even the Shangyang Base didn’t dare to move north recklessly. Once communication was disrupted, these bases would not show any mercy to each other.