C48

Gu Langu peeled the roasted sweet potato, leaving only a little bit of skin to make it easier for Shu Shuishui to hold. Carefully, he placed the roasted sweet potato on Shu Shuishui’s raised paw.

Shu Shuishui held the sweet potato, which was even taller than himself, and didn’t insist on starting from the top to eat. Instead, he bit it midway and wherever he bit was considered a bite. While eating, the little dormouse even made an effort to tilt his whiskers backward to avoid getting them dirty with sweet potato residue.

Nan Ge naturally observed Shu Shuishui’s series of actions and, inexplicably, felt a slight sense of happiness. Although he knew he shouldn’t, looking at Shu Shuishui protecting his food, Nan Ge had to admit that he was won over by his roasted sweet potato.

In fact, it wasn’t just Nan Ge; Nan Fang and Yu Jin had also secretly searched for information to learn about Shu Shuishui’s identity. However, they found that the field mouse they researched was completely different from Shu Shuishui – the color and size didn’t match. Among all the rodents they searched for, they couldn’t find anything exactly like Shu Shuishui. If there were any similarities, it might be with squirrels or hamsters.

undefinedThey all had cheek pouches and liked to store food. One thing was clear: just like any other rodent, Shu Shuishui cared a lot about food. So when he generously shared his food, everyone was touched.

“Mr. Xie Feng, our base is indeed short of people, but if you come, I’m afraid you won’t be able to taste the roasted sweet potato,” Nan Ge said with a smile.

Xie Feng looked a little surprised. His appearance indicated that he was doing well in Fei Luo’s base, which meant he had abilities. Nan Ge had already pointed this out before. “Is the Gu Langu Base so stingy? I’m a genius in information technology, and if conditions allow, I can even modify simulators…”

Xie Feng tried to sell himself, and just the ability to modify simulators was already impressive. Of course, with Cang Zhan Star’s current conditions, modifying simulators was only a possibility, but who couldn’t have dreams?

After several thousand words of self-introduction, Xie Feng looked at Nan Ge with expectation and a bit of self-confidence.

In Nan Ge’s peripheral vision, as Xie Feng continued his self-introduction, the little mouse had already moved step by step behind Gu Langu, completely out of Xie Feng’s sight.

Nan Ge: “…”

“Sorry, what I said earlier won’t change. If you want to join our base, you’re welcome anytime, but the roasted sweet potato is out of my control.” Nan Ge ruthlessly rejected the top talent, Xie Feng.

Xie Feng was a bit dumbfounded. He didn’t expect to be rejected, considering even a mouse could eat such a big roasted sweet potato. How could someone like him, who potentially could modify simulators, not even get a bite of roasted sweet potato? Can the Gu Langu Base be so stingy? Speaking of which, where did that mouse go?

“Can I know the reason?” Xie Feng tried to maintain a smile.

Nan Ge had an expression of ‘of course, you can.’ “Because it seems our mice don’t quite like you.”

Xie Feng’s face showed some annoyance. “Can you give me a more legitimate excuse?”

Nan Ge felt helpless. He was telling the truth. Before Nan Ge could respond, the little mouse had already peeked out from behind Gu Langu. “Am I not legitimate? I’m a legitimate field mouse.”

Xie Feng: !!!

Xie Feng, who was used to focusing solely on research and turning a deaf ear to the outside world, had a bit of trouble reacting. After a while, he managed to recall some bits of gossip he had heard: the Gu Langu Base kept two pets, a cat, and a mouse. The cat was like a little princess, and the mouse was a mascot. Everything else seemed to be selectively ignored.