C54

This night, some were worried about the winter’s blizzard, some were content and sleeping soundly with snoring sounds, and some were immersed in dreams they couldn’t escape from. For example, there was Yun Jin, who dreamed of eating roasted sweet potatoes tomorrow. Of course, there were also those who were diligently engrossed in their scientific research, like Xie Feng, who was continuously dismantling and assembling the micro-farm.

At around three in the morning, the blizzard finally ceased, and the outside world was covered in a silvery-white blanket. Occasionally, the wind brushed over the ground, lifting a thin veil of snow that danced around and then disappeared into the silver-white world.

Although the blizzard had stopped, the sky was still pitch-black with no starlight visible, likely obscured by the clouds. However, even so, the outside visibility wasn’t entirely dark, and one could faintly discern the outlines of objects.

In this tranquil moment of silence, there was movement in the Gu Langu Base. A figure emerged from one of the tents, wrapped in heavy winter clothing, and pushed aside the accumulated snow before stepping outside. Just then, not far away, another tent also showed signs of activity as someone else poked their head out.

The two individuals faced each other, momentarily feeling a bit awkward, but then both understood the situation and smiled knowingly, aware of each other’s intentions.

“Are you also getting up to check on the micro-farm?” one of them whispered.

The other person nodded and responded in an even softer voice, “Yes, I didn’t sleep well all night, worrying about the sprouted sweet potatoes. The temperature dropped to minus thirty degrees last night, and I’m afraid the sweet potato seedlings might have frozen to death…”

“Hush… Speak more quietly; the others are still asleep.”

As the words fell, someone from another tent came out and said, “Hey, I couldn’t sleep well either. Let’s go take a look together.”

Shortly after, the adjacent tent also saw a hand raised, signaling, “Take me along too.”

Everyone was now awake and without any hesitation, they quickly put on their warm clothes and headed towards where the vehicles were parked. The cars were arranged in a large circle, providing protection against the blizzard, so the distance to reach them wasn’t far.

When they approached the vehicles, they noticed that the lights were already on in the large cargo truck not far away. As expected, it was the driver who had also exchanged for the micro-farm.

They then looked towards Yun Jin’s car and, unsurprisingly, found it also illuminated. It seemed that Yun Jin was inside.

Opening the car door, the group eagerly entered and made their way toward the bed where the micro-farm had been intentionally placed for better light.

“Oh my goodness! There’s not a single issue, and it has even grown quite a bit!”

“I must be dreaming; we actually grew food in winter!”

“With this micro-farm, we don’t need to go out in winter anymore. It’s just a bit small. Can we exchange for more when we reach our destination?”

“Are all the field mice so awesome? Can we raise more of them?”

“Who do you think you are, Gu Langu? Even raising a field mouse requires a mutated one.”

The fragments of discussions drifted out through the car windows. The excitement of everyone dispelled the morning fatigue and the bitter cold. Even without turning on the air conditioning inside the car, nobody felt cold; on the contrary, their blood was boiling with enthusiasm.