C75

Liu Du actually felt quite wronged. He sneaked out at night. His legs had gone numb from crouching and discovered a fluffy little cutie.

On the winter night devoid of the moon, Liu Du could only vaguely sense the color of Shu Shuishui’s friend and realized that it seemed different from Shu Shuishui. But that didn’t matter—they were all rodents!

So without hesitation, Liu Du took out the food he had prepared, and bit by bit, he approached the differently colored mouse1Liu Du mistook the rat for a mouse. At that moment, Liu Du was secretly delighted that the little mouse didn’t run away. It seemed he had a good connection with mice.

The little mouse ate the food that Liu Du offered, and Liu Du naturally thought the mouse agreed to go with him. He eagerly reached out to pick up the little mouse and leave.

But when he turned around, he found a circle of huge mutant rats surrounding him. The shock can be described as nothing less than significant. Moreover, the rats probably understood his incessant chatter about taking the little mouse away. They slowly closed in step by step. Recalling that scene now, it still feels incredibly intense.

In the end, not surprisingly, Liu Du was besieged by a group of massive mutant rats. During his escape, he also stumbled a few times, ending up with bruises and a swollen face, making his situation even more miserable.

Fortunately, the mutant rats only used their paws and didn’t attack Liu Du’s face. It was probably because they knew he was a guest. So when Liu Du ran a distance away, the rats stopped pursuing him.

Liu Du returned to his tent and then realized that Shu Shuishui’s friend was indeed a rodent too, just not at all like Shu Shuishui—neither gentle nor kind.

His attempt to steal a rat ended up with getting beaten instead. Liu Du naturally couldn’t admit such a shameful incident, but he never expected that the rats would come knocking at his door! At that moment, a thousand suns rose in Liu Du’s heart, shining ever so brightly…

Liu Du felt that if this incident got out, he’d have no face to show to the world. Nonetheless, Shu Shuishui was still Shu Shuishui—intelligent, gentle, and warm-hearted. He sensed his embarrassment and successfully resolved the situation. Although it cost him ten sweet potatoes, Liu Du let out a huge sigh of relief, feeling that ten sweet potatoes were no problem at all.

Even Shu Shuishui didn’t expect that Liu Du would actually attempt to steal a rat, resulting in the rat brothers coming to report him and demanding compensation. Who would’ve thought that Liu Du, who appeared so dignified, would also engage in such mousey antics?

With a few pitter-patter steps, Shu Shuishui came over to Liu Du’s side and jumped up to pat his knee, comforting him. “It’s okay, Xiao Du. I won’t look down on you because of this.”

Liu Du squatted down and patted Shu Shuishui’s furry little head, deeply moved. He finally understood that not all mice are like Shu Shuishui.

Although others around them faintly felt that something was off, since Shu Shuishui said so, they didn’t want to embarrass Liu Du and chose to give Shu Shuishui face. Everyone tacitly avoided mentioning the incident.

Breakfast was still delicious, and there was porridge and fish soup personally prepared by Shu Shuishui. Compared to the grilled fish from yesterday, it was much lighter and more suitable for the morning. Shu Shuishui kept circling around several bowls of porridge, occasionally tiptoeing to stir with a spoon. The seemingly small bowls, when compared to the little dormouse wearing a chef’s hat, magically transformed into giant pots.

The milky white fish soup paired with the clear porridge was truly appetizing.

During this breakfast, everyone ate in silence, savoring every bite of food. Both the paddy rice and upland rice couldn’t adapt to the harsh environment of Cang Zhan Star. They had almost forgotten the taste of rice. And these bowls of porridge were tirelessly prepared by Shu Shuishui, seemingly brimming with the flavor of happiness.