C109

For someone who was “afraid of pain,” the word “restrained” wasn’t yet in the dictionary. So, not only did Nan Ge quickly learn about the black pearl ear clip, but others in the base also found out through various means. It seemed that after life stabilized in this enclosed valley, everyone became particularly curious.

Whenever Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu walked by, they were followed by a crowd of curious eyes. Gu Langu still maintained his poker face, taking stoicism to the extreme. Others might not be able to tell, but Shu Shuishui was certain that at this moment, Gu Langu was happy and proud.

Shu Shuishui, on the other hand, didn’t have as many reservations. It seemed that after turning into a human, even his tendency to be easily embarrassed had improved. Of course, it might also be because everyone had become familiar with each other during this time. In essence, whether as a dormouse or a human, Shu Shuishui remained a person who was not naturally outgoing and preferred making an effort to make friends.

In this tranquil valley, Shu Shuishui truly felt a sense of freedom. Even though many people lived in the valley, the atmosphere of mutual tolerance and assistance was genuinely relaxing. Of course, the most important thing was having Gu Langu by his side. It seemed that wherever he was, he could make a home, feel safe, and be at peace.

When they returned to the tent by the lake, even though Gu Langu didn’t speak, his eyes were filled with anticipation, which could be translated as: “When can I wear the black pearl ear clip?”

“Don’t worry,  Gu Gu, you can wear it tonight.” Shu Shuishui had already chosen the materials for making the ear clip, a rare purple metal spirit ore that had excellent spiritual conduction abilities, which paired perfectly with the black pearls. This spirit ore was incredibly tough, and Shu Shuishui drew it into extremely fine threads, followed by a series of shaping.

After the final ear clip was fused with the black pearls, due to the fine threads, it was almost invisible, leaving only a slight hint of purple when rotated. It seemed like a satin ribbon wrapped around the black pearls.

“Gu Gu, it’s done!” Shu Shuishui joyfully looked up from his work, but he found that he was the only one in the tent. Gu Langu wasn’t there. This was quite unusual, and Shu Shuishui felt puzzled for a moment before stepping out of the tent.

Lifting the tent flap, it was already dusk outside. The valley was like a bowl of warm soup, filled with golden radiance, and everyone was comfortably immersed, awaiting the peaceful sleep after sunset.

By the lakeside in the distance, Gu Langu was facing away from the others, doing something. There were no people around, and everyone clearly knew that Gu Langu didn’t like to be disturbed.

Stepping on the cobblestones, Shu Shuishui slowly walked over, his footsteps light, intending to playfully startle Gu Langu, although the likelihood of startling someone like Gu Langu was almost zero.

Gu Langu indeed keenly sensed the approach of someone and cooperated without making a sound, allowing Shu Shuishui to pounce on him and try to make a frightened expression.

Shu Shuishui habitually rubbed his head against Gu Langu’s chin before slipping out of his arms. “Gu Gu, what are you doing? Your ear clip is ready!”

As he spoke, Shu Shuishui took out the completed black pearl ear clip and held it in the air, gesturing for Gu Langu to look. Bathed in the golden sunset, the black pearls emitted a fascinating brilliance. The mysterious, faint purple glow made them even more enticing. The design was actually very simple, resembling pure pearl shapes. Even the ear clip was so thin that it was nearly invisible, but it had a captivating charm.

Gu Langu originally wanted to open his palm to catch the pair of ear clips, but his hand extended halfway and then retracted. Instead, he tilted his head slightly and brought his ear close to Shu Shuishui’s face. “Shui Shui, you put it on for me. I’ve never worn one before, and I’m not sure how.”