C40

The hazelnut necklace that Shu Shuishui gave to Gu Langu is not just a simple decoration. The high-quality spirit stone itself possesses a concentrated and powerful spiritual energy. Shu Shuishui doesn’t waste it and decides to engrave a formation on it. Of course, it’s not visible on the surface, perhaps only faint lines can be seen under sunlight, but it would be mistaken for mere ornamentation.

As for the purpose of the formation, Shu Shuishui can proudly tell others that it is a sensing formation. If Gu Langu, who wears the necklace, encounters a life-threatening situation, no matter where it happens, Shu Shuishui can sense it and quickly rush to the scene to save Gu Langu.

Shu Shuishui felt that it was his responsibility of being a master. However, before Shu Shuishui had a chance to tell Gu Langu, he couldn’t resist the temptation of the bed and fell asleep.

Just before collapsing onto the small bed, Shu Shuishui made an effort to widen his eyes and hid the necklace under Gu Langu’s pillow. The hazelnut necklace would replace Shu Shuishui in bidding Gu Langu goodnight. With closed eyes, Shu Shuishui returned to the small bed, plopped down, and quickly entered dreamland.

undefinedThe next morning, the disturbing morning light not only awakened all things but also stubbornly poured through the window, casting light on the bedside table and the small bed. In his slumber, the little dormouse lifted his paw and covered his eyes, as if this would keep the sunlight at bay and undisturbed.

After a moment, the little dormouse realized that this method wasn’t very effective, so he skillfully pulled the small blanket up, covering himself and leaving only his two little ears poking out.

On the small bed, already a fluffy round ball, now appeared even more plump. Underneath the grass-green small blanket, there was a bulge that tempted one to reach out and give it a poke to test its feel.

Gu Langu, who had already woken up and prepared to greet Shu Shuishui at the first opportunity, opened his mouth toward the small bundle on the bed.

The little bundle on the bed remained oblivious, completely unaware that someone was ready to say good morning to him. It was only an hour later, when Yu Jin came upstairs knocking on the door, announcing that it was time for Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu to have breakfast, that the little bundle on the bed showed some movement.

The small blanket was slowly pulled down, revealing Shu Shuishui’s two little ears and forehead, followed by his tightly closed eyes. It took a while for the eyes to open a narrow slit.

In the blurry vision, Gu Langu seemed to have just awakened as well and gently said, “Good morning, Shuishui.”

Shu Shuishui yawned and his vision became even blurrier. “Good morning, Gu Gu.”

With Yu Jin’s urging, the human and dormouse duo finally reluctantly left the bed. Shu Shuishui, in a plump bundle, climbed down from the small bed and then squinted his eyes to neatly fold the small blanket. Only then did he hop down with a thud and head toward the bathroom to freshen up.

Climbing onto the washstand, Gu Langu had already poured water into Shu Shuishui’s usual bottle cap. Shu Shuishui extended his paw and touched it. The water temperature was just right, neither cold nor hot. The little dormouse’s ears twitched, and with his eyes half-closed, he washed his face.

After washing his face, Shu Shuishui closed his eyes as usual, waiting for the fur on his face to dry. However, he soon felt a soft touch, and out of instinct, he opened his eyes and found a particularly small handkerchief in front of him, perfectly suitable for his use. In addition to the handkerchief, there was also a set of very small dental tools, clearly prepared for him.