C95

However, it’s a pity that Shu Shuishui has run out of the adhesive bandages he brought with him. Who asked Jiaolong to have such a big head?

Da Bai waited for a moment. Jiaolong’s head had already plunged completely into the bowl, leaving only the tip of its tail swaying back and forth, looking somewhat smug and very much asking for trouble.

While Shu Shuishui was contemplating how to achieve the best of both worlds, Da Bai reached out and grabbed the tip of Jiaolong’s tail, then lifted it. Jiaolong was lifted up upside down like a noodle, its long whiskers tracing an arc in mid-air.

Jiaolong curled up its body, forming a circle, to look at its own tail.

Da Bai stared at the adhesive bandage on Jiaolong’s head and then reached out. Jiaolong quickly tilted its head to avoid it and tried to stare down Da Bai with its eyes, a clear warning in its gaze. A low growl rumbled in its throat as well.

However, it’s a pity that for a noodle-like Jiaolong, Da Bai had lost all trace of reverence. Along with the nine thousand years that had passed, Da Bai had long figured out that Jiaolong wouldn’t harm him.

In the end, Jiaolong was held by the neck. With Da Bai’s prodding and picking, an adhesive bandage was removed from a spot on its forehead far from the wound.

Jiaolong was like a chicken held by the neck, its claws pushing against Da Bai’s hand. It struggled to break free and then swiftly flew over to Shu Shuishui’s side. It wrapped itself around Shu Shuishui’s neck seeking comfort.

Shu Shuishui raised his hand and gently touched Jiaolong’s body. “Alright, little darling, you’re the best.”

Unexpectedly, these words caused Da Bai to stiffen as he was putting the adhesive bandage on himself. He didn’t lift his head; instead, he clenched the adhesive bandage in his hand.

“I’m going upstairs to sleep, do whatever you want.” He said with his head lowered, then walked towards the stairs without looking back.

Shu Shuishui: “…” With no experience in dealing with a tsundere, Shu Shuishui was quite vexed, wondering how to comfort him.

The world outside the study completely darkened. The entire city was bathed in the warm glow only from the study. Candlelight slipped out through the carved windows, unable to illuminate the further areas.

Because of Da Bai’s earlier reminder, Gu Lanyi was particularly vigilant towards the outside. So, when a strange and sharp whistle came from outside the study, Gu Lanyi rushed to the window and peered out.

In less than two seconds, Gu Lanyi quickly retreated back, wearing a bewildered expression.

“What’s wrong?” Seeing Gu Lanyi’s reaction, Shu Shuishui wasn’t as if he’d been startled. Rather, he seemed to have encountered something perplexing. Saying this, he also approached the window.

Gu Lanyi responded somewhat dazedly, “I don’t know either. It just feels uncomfortable, like there’s nothing, yet it also feels like it’s filled with something.”

While listening to Gu Lanyi’s words, Shu Shuishui had already leaned over to the diamond-patterned window to look outside.

The world outside was pitch-black, even the replica of the study had a heavy feeling to it. It was as if the light emanating from the study was being devoured by the darkness.

Shu Shuishui considered his night vision to be quite good. Just as Gu Lanyi had said, it seemed like there was nothing outside, but that sharp whistling sound indeed originated from the vast and dense darkness. The sound had a peculiarly piercing and chilly quality, nothing like a sound that a living creature could produce.