C63

A few people by the bonfire immediately cast envious, jealous, and resentful glances toward Gu Langu’s side. Except for the gloves, even the hat was crafted by Shu Shuishui.

However, soon enough, they retracted their gaze, because their jealousy was futile. They couldn’t defeat Gu Langu; otherwise, they might have had a chance to snatch the hat that Shu Shuishui had made. And perhaps it was an illusion, but they even saw a sense of satisfaction in Gu Langu’s eyes.

It’s unclear when it started, but Shu Shuishui had become the mascot of the three bases. From the micro-farm to the purification of mutant creatures, coupled with Shu Shuishui’s previous collection of a large number of simulators, it seemed like even calling him a mascot was an understatement.

And on this final night of parting, it was destined not to be peaceful.

Especially after the first group of successful individuals emerged, more ambitious people started to stir. Before long, many more arrived in succession, some confidently volunteering early on, all of them possessing certain abilities. This development greatly amused Nan Ge. If it weren’t for Gu Langu’s vigilance, Nan Ge truly felt like embracing Shu Shuishui and stealing a kiss, maybe even taking a couple of sips while at it; his soft little belly was quite tempting, and Nan Ge had long desired it.

Nan Fang and Yu Jin also got busy, handling personnel registration and follow-up arrangements for accommodation. Nan Fang leaned over to Nan Ge, who was smiling brightly for once. “Bro, do you think the boss is becoming increasingly protective of Shui Shui? He won’t even let anyone touch him now. It wasn’t like this at the beginning.”

“Mind your own business.” Having come all this way, Nan Ge naturally noticed Gu Langu’s changes and the shifting attitude toward Shu Shuishui. It was a subtle feeling, but Gu Langu had been less discreet lately, and even Nan Fang had picked up on it. This… seemed less like raising a pet and more like raising a wife.

Nan Ge’s eye twitched. Could it be that Gu Langu’s emotions had gone awry during awakening? This inter-species emotion was truly hard for Nan Ge to fathom. Imagine if Gu Langu really married a mouse – Nan Ge felt like his whole worldview would need a refresh.

Although Shu Shuishui was special, and he did like him a lot, it didn’t change the fact that he was a mouse. What was he supposed to do about that?

The night at the base was unusually lively, especially with the continuous influx of people applying to join Gu Langu’s base. The situation was escalating.

Now, Fei Luo couldn’t sit still anymore, and even Shi An’an felt a bit uneasy. The practice of cultivation had yet to show progress. If they wanted to survive on Cang Zhan Star, they knew they couldn’t do without these talents. While the departure of Xie Feng was forgivable, Shi An’an had initially believed that technology wouldn’t have a significant impact. After all, Xie Feng had demonstrated abilities related to information and the brain. Of course, that perception had been shattered later on.

What they didn’t anticipate was that, upon reaching their destination, numerous experts in water resources, electricity, and energy were all tendering their resignations, preparing to join Gu Langu’s base. These were the foundations upon which a base thrived.

Hu Sichen’s base was in slightly better shape. Most of the individuals gathered there were enthusiasts of martial prowess, and intellectual laborers were initially few. There were a couple of exceptions, but they had been part of the founding group, so their loyalty was natural.

Fei Luo’s base was different. Fei Luo enjoyed recruiting talent, and most people joined the base later, thus lacking a strong sense of belonging.

However, what surprised both Fei Luo and Hu Sichen was that the convoy that had been trailing them all along unexpectedly approached the bonfire where Gu Langu and Shu Shuishui were stationed, carrying numerous parcels.