C68

Because the area of the guardian formation is too large, and the actual situation of the valley is inevitably different from the map, the consumption of spiritual stones by Shu Shuishui’s guardian formation exceeded the budget by twenty-seven pieces. However, nowadays, with his financial abundance, Shu Shuishui pays no attention to these matters.

Carrying a small shovel on his back and wearing a yellow construction cap, Shu Shuishui walked to the place where he was going to bury the spiritual stones. Then, he threw the small shovel aside and with all four paws working together, he cleared away the shallow snow and used his sharp claws to directly break the soil, swiftly digging a slightly larger hole than himself.

“One spiritual stone,” Shu Shuishui transferred the spiritual stone from the spiritual mansion to the small pit, carefully positioning it, and only then used his little paw to cover the soil.

After burying one, Shu Shuishui once again picked up the small shovel and went toward the next target point not far away. Upon reaching it, he once again tossed the small shovel aside and began to dig a hole with his paws.

“Two spiritual stones…”

“Three spiritual stones…”

Gu Langu: “…” So, what exactly is the small shovel for?

By the time the sky darkened, Shu Shuishui had already buried ninety-nine spiritual stones in specific locations. The next task was to use spiritual power to guide each spiritual stone, allowing them to communicate and operate with each other.

This task was relatively more time-consuming and much more delicate. Shu Shuishui decided to continue tomorrow during the daytime. “Gu Gu, let’s go have dinner. Gu Gu, you’ve worked hard today. Is there anything you’d like to eat? I’ll make braised pork for Gu Gu.”

Gu Langu readily agreed, not because he wanted to eat braised pork, but because Gu Langu knew that if he had braised pork, it meant that Shu Shuishui would have braised pork as well.

Shu Shuishui returned to the campfire set up by Xie Feng and Nan Fang, then took off his construction cap and put on a chef’s hat.

Instantly, Xie Feng and Nan Fang’s eyes lit up. During this period of getting to know Shu Shuishui, they had learned some of his habits, such as his emphasis on ritual in everything, especially when it came to sleeping and eating. So, when Shu Shuishui put on the chef’s hat, it meant that there would be something delicious tonight.

Xie Feng leaned in, ignoring Gu Langu’s gaze. “What are you making tonight, Shui Shui?”

Shu Shuishui (*^-^*) “Braised pork.”

Xie Feng’s eyes lit up even more. “Can you make a pot for me too? I can pay with energy stones. Shui Shui, name your price.”

Before Shu Shuishui could respond, Gu Langu next to him decisively denied, “No.”

“Why?” Nan Fang couldn’t hold back his curiosity either.

Gu Langu answered matter-of-factly, “No time. Tonight, Shui Shui needs to warm my bed.”

Xie Feng and Nan Fang: “…”

Shu Shuishui tilted his little head slightly. “Oh right, Gu Gu, what time will you sleep tonight? I’ll warm the bed in advance.”

Gu Langu responded earnestly, “I’m a bit tired today, so I want to rest as soon as possible.”

Shu Shuishui nodded, indicating that he understood. Then, he quickly took out his pots, bowls, ladles, and other utensils, setting aside a small pile from the nearby large pile of firewood. He then placed a can of meat on the fire and took out a small cutting board, skillfully slicing six pieces of braised pork. With precise seasoning and fluid movements, he completed the task in one go.