C38

Philosophical Mouse is not preaching; it simply expresses the importance of sleep. Moreover, this is something Shu Shuishui has always adhered to. For Shu Shuishui, the most fulfilling outcome in life is probably to die peacefully in one’s sleep.

As for the simulator, if it represents the hope for life, then what’s wrong with allowing more lives to continue? Shu Shuishui even changed two grasshoppers for this.

Shu Shuishui doesn’t have complex calculations of human interests. His little mind is simple. If the world is going to be destroyed, it’s better for everyone to work together rather than one person trying alone.

Members of Team B in Zone B and the Gu Langu squad felt ashamed. They realized they hadn’t understood things as clearly as a dormouse, always calculating gains and losses, unwilling to suffer any losses. Now it seems that they are even worse than a dormouse.

undefinedAfter arriving on the Cang Zhan Star, Liu Du quickly grew to be shrewd, calculating, cautious, alert, and even cunning. These qualities were not considered negative on Cang Zhan Star; instead, they were symbols of strength. Liu Du couldn’t remember how long he had been living like this, but he once thought that he would continue to live this way until he died on the Cang Zhan Star.

However, now, Liu Du, who doesn’t trust his fellow humans, found himself believing in a small dormouse. Looking at the fluffy little creature, Liu Du couldn’t bring himself to doubt it. Who would suspect such a soft and adorable little thing? “Does Shui Shui still have a simulator? If not, I’ll leave one behind.”

Given the scarcity of simulators this year, Liu Du also had a rare moment of conscience. After all, the simulators were originally meant for Shu Shuishui, so they should rightfully belong to the Gu Langu squad. He felt like he was bullying the dormouse by exchanging them for two grasshoppers.

Shu Shuishui responded with a proud wave of its paw. “It’s okay, I still have a whole nest of them.”

Upon hearing the term “nest” again, curiosity was piqued among the group. “How many are in a nest?” Liu Du was also puzzled. It was the first time he had heard someone describe simulators this way.

Shu Shuishui extended his paw and began counting with his claw tip. “One, two, three, four, five, six… six… six…”

The group fell silent. Why did it stop at six? Wait! Could there really be six of them!

“So, Shui Shui actually found six more simulators, that’s amazing!” Yu Jin felt the anger that had built up in recent days dissipate as Shu Shuishui said, “I know, that’s why I wanted to make the exchange.” Now, upon learning that Shu Shuishui had found an additional six simulators, Yu Jin was even more pleasantly surprised.

In an instant, it seemed that their narrow thinking had been liberated. Perhaps because Shu Shuishui wasn’t human, it had a completely different perspective. The simulators were indeed priceless, and only Shu Shuishui truly understood the value of life.

Shu Shuishui shook his little head. “Not six, it’s five… five…”

Yu Jin reached out and patted Shu Shuishui’s small head. “Five is also great, Shui Shui, you’re truly a lucky charm!”

Shu Shuishui’s little paw became confused, eventually giving up. “Not five, it’s around fifty-six or seventy-eight or nine… I forgot.”

The group was stunned in place. What! Did they mishear? Or maybe the little dormouse couldn’t actually count. Fifty-six, seventy-eight, or nine? That simply couldn’t be possible. The number of simulators released this year was only a hundred in total, unless there was some sort of mishap during the release in Zone B. But that would be a joke.