C91

The heart-wrenching Gu Lanyi didn’t want to speak. He gazed at Shu Shuishui with a sincere expression. Gu Lanyi was unwilling to believe that he had overthought things, leading to his identity being revealed. He would rather believe that his opponent was exceptionally clever and powerful.

However, Shu Shuishui’s curiosity was piqued. The little dormouse rarely showed interest in anything other than food, sleep, fur, and Gu Langu. He circled around Gu Lanyi. “Aren’t you called Lin Huang, Lin Huang? Is it a temporary lie? You’re called Gu Lanyi? The Gu of Gu Gu? Which “Lan” is it? Unexpected meaning?”

Gu Lanyi was a bit puzzled. What did he mean by “Gu of Gu Gu” and “unexpected meaning”?

In the current situation, Gu Lanyi was truly in a dilemma. Fight? There was no way he could defeat such a massive mutated creature. It’s possible that he might not even have the chance to move before being smashed into a pulp by a claw. Run? Could he outfly someone?

Shu Shuishui tilted his head. “Why aren’t you speaking? You look quite famous. Maybe I can ask someone else.” Like asking Gu Gu. Gu Gu would definitely know.

Gu Lanyi, however, felt a bit exasperated. “You really are quite cunning!”

Shu Shuishui looked back with sincerity. It was the first time someone had used the word “cunning” to describe him, and it felt somewhat novel. “Really? Am I cunning? I never thought I looked like that.”

Gu Lanyi: “…” He felt an urge to spit blood. What was this new and strange situation?

Shu Shuishui was indeed quite curious. He even reached out to touch his own face. Speaking of which, after his transformation, he hadn’t had the chance to carefully examine his appearance. What would a face described as “cunning” look like?

Gu Lanyi also knew he couldn’t avoid it. Even if Shu Shuishui didn’t know right now, as mentioned just now, anyone who paid even a little attention to the Gu family would eventually uncover all of his information.

Gu Lanyi let out a heavy sigh and then found a stone staircase by the roadside, casually sitting down as he tapped his stiff limbs. “I’m called Gu Lanyi, the ‘Lan’ of Gu Langu, not an unexpected meaning. I’m from a collateral branch of the Gu family, specializing in cultural and historical aspects. When I followed my elder brother, I mainly handled intelligence gathering and decryption…”

“Big brother?” Shu Shuishui quickly caught the key point. He remembered hearing about it before – Gu Gu’s family was extremely renowned in the Canghai Galaxy, ranking among the top families. It wasn’t surprising for such a family to have collateral branches.

“Yes, big brother naturally refers to Gu Langu. From a blood relation perspective, I’m his cousin, albeit a distant one. But we attended the same school, joined the same military division, and ended up on the battlefield together. Later, my big brother encountered some trouble and was exiled to the Desolate Star. Most of our division disbanded after that.” Gu Lanyi unintentionally revealed his relationship with Gu Langu. After all, it wasn’t much of a secret.

Recalling the days of fervent battles, Gu Lanyi first chuckled and then let out a gentle sigh. “I don’t know why, but nowadays, I don’t feel as reckless as I used to be on the perilous battlefield. Back then, even though it was dangerous, I never knew what fear was. Now, on this desolate star, I feel uneasy even when my back is against the wall.”

Shu Shuishui clearly didn’t quite grasp Gu Lanyi’s sentiment, nor did he fully understand the brotherhood of the battlefield. After all, his limited experience of brotherhood was centered around Shu Bao. The camaraderie among teammates might have involved seeking shelter from the rain together, crossing small trenches together, and evading the traps set by humans for mice. “Were you also exiled with Gu Gu?”