C18

Gu Langu had never repaired teeth for anyone before, but seeing the small tooth on Shu Shuishui’s fingertip and the expectant look in its eyes, Gu Langu decided to use its remaining high-end nanomaterial repair agent to reattach Shu Shuishui’s tooth seamlessly.

Shu Shuishui tapped its tooth with its fingertip and heard a solid, crisp sound. It happily jumped around the bedside table a couple of times and then hugged Gu Langu’s hand to express gratitude. “Thank you, I’ll take good care of brushing my teeth from now on,” he said, while also casually touching Gu Langu’s hand.

Gu Langu felt like he was being taken advantage of: “…”

With the tooth issue resolved, Shu Shuishui recalled Gu Langu’s consumption of energy stones and wondered why it was okay for Gu Langu to eat them but not for himself.

undefinedFacing Shu Shuishui’s question, Gu Langu had no intention of hiding the truth. He pushed the plate in front of Shu Shuishui, indicating that he should eat while listening. Shu Shuishui’s gaze shifted to the plate and found food he didn’t recognize. It looked slightly rough in texture and had a purplish color, resembling the outer skin of sugarcane.

This should be the main course, a large piece of it, with a fruit placed next to it. Shu Shuishui recognized the fruit as an apple, albeit a small and undernourished one, still not fully grown and slightly green in color.

Shu Shuishui: ??? Why was his breakfast not what he had imagined?

Shu Shuishui tapped the purple block-shaped object with his paw, but adhering to the tradition of not judging food by its appearance, he decided to pick it up and take a bite.

Since Gu Langu had no sense of taste, he didn’t notice the dormouse’s actions or confusion and began describing his own identity. Gu Langu didn’t focus on the details of being critically injured on the battlefield and undergoing semi-mechanization. He simply explained the cause and effect in a casual manner. As he spoke, Gu Langu seemed to realize that his semi-mechanized identity had already aroused too much resentment and suspicion. He was afraid that the little dormouse might despise him, so he focused on expressing his strengths.

“Although I’m a semi-mechanical creation, apart from having higher combat and defense capabilities, I’m not that different from humans. I can still think and have my own thoughts and consciousness. Every part of my body has been meticulously replicated based on my previous appearance…” Gu Langu was about to elaborate further when the little dormouse interrupted with a question.

“Are your hands exactly the same as before?” asked the curious Shu Shuishui, with shining eyes.

Gu Langu didn’t understand the crucial point of this question but nodded anyway. “Yes, they are the same.”

Shu Shuishui’s little ears twitched. “Then, do they grow nails too?”

Gu Langu: ??? Why did he feel like the dormouse’s focus was a bit off?

“They can grow,” Gu Langu replied. In reality, Gu Langu could now precisely control every cell in his body, a capability possessed only by a perfect semi-mechanical body. So when he said “can grow,” he meant it was possible but not something that naturally occurred.

Upon hearing this, Shu Shuishui immediately patted his own chest and proudly said, “I’ll trim your nails in the future! I often sharpen my claws, so I know a lot about nails!”

Shu Shuishui had a simple thought: since Gu Langu had such beautiful hands, it would be even more perfect if he could take care of his own nails.

Gu Langu’s eyes lit up. “Okay.” The fingers beneath the cabinet moved slightly, as if it could already imagine the scene of the little dormouse diligently trimming the nails.