C37

Yu Jin was on the verge of collapse. After all the explanations, Shu Shuishui did abandon the idea of trading one simulator for a grasshopper and confidently declared that he wanted two instead. “Two won’t work either! They’re priceless! Does Shu Shuishui understand the concept of priceless?”

Shu Shuishui nodded his little head. “I know. My grasshoppers are priceless!” His tone was so certain that it left no room for others to argue.

Yu Jin felt his heart ache, especially when he thought about the four grasshoppers he had roasted. He felt like he wanted to chop off his own hand. The ones he roasted were clearly not four grasshoppers, but four simulators. The realization made Yu Jin’s breath feel painful.

This was even more unbearable than being flattened into a two-dimensional plane by Gu Langu. Yu Jin was at a loss, unable to do anything but place his last hope on Gu Langu. “Boss…”

undefinedGu Langu continued to observe Shu Shuishui’s confident and bold demeanor as he prepared to make the trade, leaving Liu Du astonished. Gu Langu didn’t even turn his head and asked, “Does Shu Shuishui have a natural talent for business? What do you think?”

Yu Jin: “…It’s nothing.” Well, as long as you’re happy.

Yu Jin exuded a gray aura, giving up resistance. However, they underestimated the shamelessness of Liu Du and the others. It took Liu Du a while to realize that Shu Shuishui wasn’t joking, and the immense surprise nearly left Liu Du dumbfounded.

“Shuishui, you are the cutest mouse I’ve ever seen!” Liu Du felt like his speech was starting to become distorted, and he had never liked grasshoppers as much as he did today.

Though there was a slight suspicion of the Gu Langu Squad playing tricks, in the end, Liu Du chose to take the risk. After all, the future was uncertain, so it was better to seize the opportunity and give it a try.

Shu Shuishui corrected him seriously. “I am very cute, but I am not a mouse, thank you.”

“Yes, yes, you are not a mouse as cute as you are.” Liu Du naturally agreed with whatever Shu Shuishui said, taking every opportunity to flatter her, or rather, flatter the mouse.

“In that case, Shuishui, what kind of rodent are you?” Liu Du had been curious about this for a long time. Shu Shuishui looked adorable, but Liu Du had never seen this kind of rodent before. The warm brown fur, plump little body, intelligence, ability to speak, and most importantly, the love for grasshoppers!1yup, they still don’t know that our little cutie is a dormouse, but still, I’ve been using the word ‘dormouse’, maybe… as a reminder…? hmmm…

Not only Liu Du, but everyone present was eagerly listening for Shu Shuishui’s answer. They also wanted to know what Shu Shuishui actually was. Did he have siblings? Could they also have one as a pet?

Shu Shuishui instinctively puffed up his chest. “I am a… Field Mouse!”

“Water Field Mouse?” Liu Du had never heard of this species before, considering it might be a mutated race of some kind of mouse.

“No, no, no.” Shu Shuishui waved his little paw. “Just a Field mouse! A mouse that works in the fields. I cultivate the land, and the food I grow is delicious!”

Liu Du was still a bit confused. He knew what a Field mouse was, but was this what Shu Shuishui meant? Was he a mutated Field mouse? Awakened to the love of farming? Although he was puzzled, Liu Du wisely chose not to inquire further. “So you’re a Field mouse, nice to meet you.” Liu Du opened the energy shield and extended his hand.

Seeing this, Shu Shuishui found that Liu Du’s hand looked pretty good, although not as good as Gu Langu’s. He put down the simulator he was holding and extended his two paws, clasping Liu Du’s pinky finger and shaking it up and down. “Nice to meet you, nice to meet you.”