C89

The not-so-bright jiaolong, finally threatened by the prospect of losing its remaining head scales, gave up the benefit of being petted on its head. Although, for a jiaolong, having a bald head wasn’t exactly abnormal.

Compared to the earlier vibrant red frog, there was no need for deliberation—jiaolongs were undoubtedly on a higher level in terms of rank and lineage. This is precisely why the enormous frog couldn’t withstand the pressure from the jiaolong, causing it to leave the water’s edge and find refuge in the forest.

Shu Shuishui was finally freed from the task of petting the jiaolong. He soothingly patted the jiaolong’s head and said, “Hello there, Xiao Jiaojiao. Do you know where this place is?”

The person next to him, who was on guard, almost instinctively rubbed their ears, suspecting they had misheard. Xiao Jiaojiao? Could this be right? This massive creature was clearly not to be trifled with; how could it be addressed this casually? What if it got upset? Just one bite and both of them would fit between its teeth.

However, in the midst of the person’s bewilderment, the jiaolong seemed to be triggered by something. It suddenly soared into the air, causing the water in the pond to cascade out like a waterfall, pouring down.

With a splash, countless water droplets flew and drenched both Shu Shuishui and the other person.

The jiaolong, incredibly, appeared to be jubilant like a child. It circled in the air above the pond, then dove back into the water, splashing water everywhere. Shu Shuishui and the other person had to step back to avoid the boiling pond water.

Shu Shuishui’s heart skipped a beat; it felt like something was about to burst out from deep within. However, in the end, nothing happened. He could only helplessly purse his lip and reveal an indulgent smile. This jiaolong, despite not being particularly intelligent, was somewhat adorable.

For the first time, Shu Shuishui realized that even a bald creature could be cute.

The bald jiaolong frolicked in the water, churning it like mad. Many fish and shrimp from the water were tossed onto the shore, looking dazed.

Shu Shuishui’s eyes lit up immediately. Ignoring the water droplets falling around, he stepped on the sharp-edged pebbles and lunged toward a joyfully splashing large fish.

It was indeed a lunge; in his excitement, Shu Shuishui momentarily forgot that he was now human-shaped and believed he was still a furry little creature. He crashed down heavily, attempting to suppress the splashing fish.

With a bang, a sound echoed.

The person who had stayed put to avoid the water winced instinctively. It felt painful on his behalf. “Brother, are you okay? Is there something bothering you?”

Shu Shuishui was in pain as well, struggling to get up. The fish beneath him seemed somewhat dazed from the impact, but its tail still stubbornly wagged. Shu Shuishui quickly reached out and held the fish’s head. “I’m fine. It’s my first time being human. Please guide me.”

The person was utterly baffled and awkwardly scratched their head. “Mutual guidance, mutual guidance.”

In truth, the person was still in a state of confusion. Ever since they encountered the red mutated frog, their journey through the copy seemed to have taken an unusual path. Especially now, hiding behind rocks to avoid the splashing water caused by an unknown creature’s merriment, with a strange person not far away.

The person couldn’t really decide if they should leave now. The surrounding forest was dense with vegetation, making it seem likely that there were many mutated creatures around. If they encountered something else, they might not survive more than a few seconds. It seemed better to follow this peculiar person; at least they seemed capable.