C122

In a place like Cang Zhan Star, no one would willingly take on the role of so-called protector without compensation. Nan Ge’s words in this passage are blunt but undeniably true.

After the Shui Jing Gong decided on the Great Migration, spreading the news only offered other bases with migration intentions an opportunity to choose. Many hands make light work, and during the migration journey, the Shui Jing Gong consistently played the role of pioneers, scouting and clearing the path, resolving numerous dangers and troubles.

The fleet that followed benefited greatly, but even so, there were still greedy individuals who remained unsatisfied. Especially when they discovered that the Shui Jing Gong possessed something that could withstand storms, there was always a lingering desire to share.

It was only at moments like these that Nan Ge realized that besides prisoners of war and a few exiles, many on Cang Zhan Star were sentenced to life imprisonment.

However, the overly harmonious nature of the Shui Jing Gong made him forget the ugliness of human nature, but not every base was like the Shui Jing Gong. Speaking of which, the Shui Jing Gong wasn’t always so harmonious from the start. Initially, most of those who came seeking the fame of Gu Langu were warriors, considering that Gu Langu’s reputation at the time was associated with uncontrolled killings and slaughter.

However, after more than half a year with no action from Gu Langu, those warlike individuals gradually left, leaving behind mostly those who preferred tranquility and had no desire for fame or fortune. When the Hu Sichen base joined later, they weren’t people with sensitive thoughts or a knack for scheming.

This is how the harmony and cohesion of the Shui Jing Gong’s people came to be, a rare composition on Cang Zhan Star. Of course, besides these coincidences, their greatest reliance was encountering Shu Shuishui, or rather, Gu Langu finding Shu Shuishui.

On the resource-deprived Cang Zhan Star, Shu Shuishui was like an external boost, providing them with a superior living environment and a stable source of food. These were the prerequisites for development. After all, no matter how strong the emotional bond is, when faced with the test of survival, turmoil could arise. The stability of the Shui Jing Gong was also due to its abundant material foundation, which kept everyone gathered around it.

Nan Ge dismissed the people in the meeting room and discussed with Liu Po about joining the Shui Jing Gong. Because they both knew the situation well, things proceeded smoothly. After joining the Shui Jing Gong, the B Zone members would be distributed among various teams as usual, and Liu Po would also take on the role of team leader. These arrangements were consistent with what Hu Sichen received.

The next step was to reorganize the fleet and allocate personnel, allowing the two bases to truly integrate with each other as soon as possible. The challenges they would face during the upcoming journey would be an opportunity to solidify the Shui Jing Gong once again.

Liu Po and Nan Ge spread the news, and they decided to reassign the ships and dormitories in the evening.

While everyone was busy with the integration of the two major bases, Shu Shuishui and Gu Langu were buried in piles of books, searching for usable symbols and formations. The storm they experienced today made Shu Shuishui feel the crisis, and for the sake of everyone’s safety, he believed it was necessary to find practical means to resist the storms.

At ten in the evening, the fleet gradually slowed down, looking for a suitable place to anchor and rest.

The news of B Zone joining the Shui Jing Gong had already spread, and both members from the two bases felt varying degrees of anxiety. Some in the Shui Jing Gong were a bit resistant, but the fact that it was B Zone that joined brought an element of anticipation.