C83

Actually, Shu Shuishui’s initial intention wasn’t to “seek financial support.” As a self-reliant dormouse, Shu Shuishui believed he could sustain Gu Langu on his own.

However, the course of events turned out to be somewhat beyond Shu Shuishui’s expectations.

Last night, Shu Shuishui assessed the surroundings. Since it was a bustling city, it wasn’t the same city where Wu Lan had passed away. Shu Shuishui remembered the name and address of Li Meng’s Apartment. Carrying Gu Langu in his mouth, he walked for a while before finally finding the right direction.

The little dormouse gazed upward, pitter-pattering along the road. His petite shadow, due to his movement, continuously elongated and then shortened under the streetlights. Fortunately, he was only three streets away from Li Meng’s apartment. In fact, not much time passed before Shu Shuishui discovered the park where he used to stroll with Gu Langu.

At this point, it was already late at night. The park was eerily quiet. Wooden benches had only moonlight lingering on them. The pine tree’s delicate fragrance, even without getting close, wafted into one’s lungs, bringing a sense of tranquility to the mind and body. Shu Shuishui had no mind to appreciate the night scenery; he was eager to reach Li Meng’s apartment.

Stepping into the apartment, Shu Shuishui immediately noticed an issue. The interior had undergone significant renovations. Familiar items were nearly unrecognizable, even the walls had been repainted. Furthermore, the date on the notice board at the entrance was more than twenty years into the future!

Carrying the little black cat, Shu Shuishui lifted his tiny head to confirm the date once again. There was no mistake; it had indeed been over twenty years since he left.

To avoid surveillance, Shu Shuishui didn’t take the elevator. Li Meng lived on the fifth floor. Carrying the little milk cat, Shu Shuishui definitely couldn’t climb up. Without any other choice, he hid Gu Langu in a massive flowerpot at the corner of the first floor.

The flowerpot held lush plants. Carrying Gu Langu, Shu Shuishui climbed up, carefully placing a handkerchief on the surface to keep the little black cat warm. “Be good, Gu Gu, I’ll be right back,” he anxiously instructed before leaving.

“Meow~” The little milk cat responded with a soft, innocent meow.

Shu Shuishui tugged at the large leaves of the plants a couple more times, ensuring that the hiding spot for the little black cat was discreet. Only then did he jump down from the flowerpot with a soft thud and hastily made his way towards the stairs.

On the fifth floor, reaching the familiar spot, Shu Shuishui jumped up and pressed the doorbell. The little dormouse extended his tiny paw and patted the fur on his chest, standing outside the door in an upright yet nervous manner.

About a minute later, the door opened, but it was a middle-aged woman who stood there in surprise. She had discovered a small hamster at her doorstep, though it seemed that this lady had an extreme fear of rodents, even if they were as cute as Shu Shuishui.

After a brief scream, Shu Shuishui had to dodge a slipper and quickly slipped away. In just a short moment, she had taken in the situation inside the house from the doorway. The furniture in the room had all changed, including the decorations that Li Meng and Wu Lan had designed together.

Shu Shuishui didn’t know what had happened over these past twenty years, but it was clear that Li Meng no longer lived here! The little dormouse couldn’t afford to waste time, so he quickly returned to the first floor, climbed up the flowerpot, and let out a sigh of relief upon seeing Gu Langu inside.

With light pitter-pattering steps, he walked to the side of the little milk cat and gave its furry neck a gentle hug. “Gu Gu, don’t worry, Shui Shui is here.”