C50

At breakfast time, Xie Feng finally got to eat the roasted sweet potato as he wished. To be honest, he felt it was the most delicious roasted sweet potato he had ever tasted. The texture and flavor were excellent, and he almost ate even the sweet potato skin.

By the campfire, everyone watched in silence as Xie Feng ate the sweet potato while shedding tears. He cried, ate, and thanked Shu Shuishui all at once.

Everyone: …

After finishing the emotional outburst and the meal, Xie Feng wiped away his tears and hiccupped, looking as if nothing had happened. “Why are you all staring at me? When are we setting off?”

undefinedYu Jin watched the transition from crying to composure within seconds and silently gave Xie Feng a thumbs-up. This ability to switch emotions so effortlessly, along with the earlier boastful talk of patting a mouse’s butt and the rumored talent to modify simulators, made Yu Jin feel inferior in comparison.

Nan Ge saw that Xie Feng’s emotions had completely calmed down and felt relieved. It seemed that Xie Feng had truly made up his mind. “We’ll depart in an hour. The temperature is still low now. Do you need anything to take with you? Nan Fang and Yu Jin can help you.”

“Sure!” Xie Feng’s eyes lit up. “I have a lot of things. Since we’re leaving, I’ll bring everything over. Can’t let others benefit for free!”

Hearing this, Nan Ge and Yu Jin’s eyes also brightened. Who would complain about having too many resources? Of course, they would bring everything! Yu Jin patted Xie Feng’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, we’re all on the same side now. I’ll take care of things here. From now on, we’re family.”

Touched, Xie Feng nodded. It took him a moment to realize that something wasn’t quite right, but he was already being dragged toward Fei Luo’s base.

Meanwhile, Shu Shuishui watched Yu Jin and the other three walk away together, arms around each other’s shoulders. He tilted his small body and scratched his head with his paw, then sighed leisurely. “Youth is great!”

Nan Ge chuckled. “What’s wrong? Are you feeling old, Shuishui?”

Shu Shuishui earnestly nodded his little head, then turned to look at Gu Langu. “Will you find me unattractive? I heard people nowadays prefer younger guys, and I may be a piece of old dried meat, but I’m not too bad.”

Gu Langu’s expression was momentarily perplexed. He had seen Shu Shuishui in a brief human form, and no matter how he looked at it, Shu Shuishui didn’t seem old at all, let alone dried meat…

Nan Ge burst into laughter.

Gu Langu’s silence made Shu Shuishui’s little ears droop, and his pitiful gaze instantly brought Gu Langu back to his senses. “Not at all! Shuishui will always be a fresh, young guy, forever youthful. Even if one day you have white hair all over, you’ll still be the most handsome one.”

Shu Shuishui’s little ears indeed perked up again, but after a moment, the dormouse sheepishly stroked his own whiskers, then pinched the tip of his whiskers. “White hair might not happen, but what about white whiskers? Would you mind?”

Gu Langu and Nan Ge’s gazes turned to see that indeed, Shu Shuishui’s whiskers had a transition from dark to light color, with a few silver-white spots at the tips.

Feeling a bit self-conscious from being stared at, the little dormouse added, “If you mind, I can try using a razor or hair dye. Gu Gu, what color do you like?”

In the end, after some persuasion from Gu Langu and Nan Ge, Shu Shuishui regretfully gave up on the idea of dyeing his whiskers. He scurried around the tent, helping Nan Ge tidy up the camp. Due to his small size, Shu Shuishui’s contribution was limited, mostly involving carrying various small objects and placing them in storage boxes.