C69

While Gu Langu knew, the starlight in his own eyes was Shu Shuishui. A magical coincidence entered his life, a little fellow who, from a furry bundle, managed to evoke various desires that Gu Langu had forgotten, reviving thoughts in his cooling soul.

Starting from the simplest desire to feel the touch of fur, progressing to wanting to taste the delicious food prepared by the hardworking little mouse, and then stumbling upon the unexpected fact that the mouse could transform into a human, suddenly Gu Langu wanted more. He realized he had a new emotion called greed, though it wasn’t a bad feeling.

With greed in his heart, Gu Langu lay there for a moment. However, in the deep of the night, he quietly slipped out of the tent and, as usual, found an open space to activate the simulation cabin. He continued with his persistent endeavor to improve his landing space.

Since he had already promised to accompany Shu Shuishui in hibernation, Gu Langu had to make the most of his time to transform his landing space. He hoped that the next time he entered the simulation, his landing space wouldn’t be a void, so boring and frightening.

As always, he exhausted all his mental energy, the central part of his brain sending out constant warnings. Only then did Gu Langu stop his mental exertion. He impatiently looked around but found nothing except endless darkness. No other colors, not even a hazelnut or a blade of grass.

Gu Langu paused and looked at his palm. Could it be that he was no longer human? Was he truly an anomaly? Otherwise, why couldn’t he see even a hint of color that should be there?

Unexplainably, a panic surged in Gu Langu’s heart, along with a great sense of injustice. During the migration process, he almost depleted his mental energy every day. Fortunately, he had no sense of pain now, otherwise, his brain operating at full capacity could have driven him mad.

Days of attempts passed by, yet there was no progress. Gu Langu didn’t know where the root of the problem lay. He also didn’t know if, with time, Shu Shuishui would find his empty heart repulsive, or if he wouldn’t believe any of his emotions at all. After all, his inner world was a void.

Perhaps these days of being spoiled by Shu Shuishui had caused this unexpected feeling of grievance in Gu Langu. He really wished Shu Shuishui would pat his head and tell him that everything was alright.

When Gu Langu’s mental energy couldn’t even sustain the login interface, he was forcefully logged out.

Lying in the simulation cabin, Gu Langu took quite a while before he opened the simulator. Slowly, he folded the simulator and returned to the tent.

These negative emotions were never supposed to appear in Gu Langu. In his intricate process of transformation, such negative emotions were designed to be anomalies akin to viruses. Once detected, his brain would forcibly suppress them, maintaining the flawless operation of this killing machine.

When people created Gu Langu, they never intended to restore these emotions. Hence, these suddenly awakened negative emotions were a mystery to Gu Langu, unaware of where to place them.

It wasn’t just Gu Langu; anyone involved in the transformation project didn’t know where these emotions would fit. After all, they never anticipated that this killing machine would live to leave the battlefield one day.

Gu Langu, exuding negative energy, walked to the tent. Only then did all the negative emotions dissipate. Gu Langu remained the same: his face devoid of expressions, his eyes lacking emotions.

Stepping into the tent, Gu Langu’s gaze immediately fell on the sleeping bag. Shu Shuishui was still sleeping soundly within, his warm brown hair still striking even in the dim light.