C127

Seven days later, Shu Shuishui confirmed that Cheng Que’s instrument was working fine. The Gray Rats who hadn’t received housekeeping orders lined up outside Cheng Que’s laboratory and then received their own pairs of sensing magnets. After all, this thing could provide generous rewards after wearing it for seven days.

Cheng Que’s experiment was on track, and if he was lucky, he might even be able to study the problem that troubled the entire Galactic Alliance and solve the issue of mutant creatures going mad.

While Cheng Que was immersed in his experiment, he didn’t forget to remind Shu Shuishui to keep an eye on Shi An’an.

Regarding this reminder, Shu Shuishui was somewhat surprised because, whether it was him or Cheng Que, they had limited contact with Shi An’an. Shu Shuishui had only learned about the secrets of Shi An’an through his dreams. Although he had been planning to greet the mysterious system of Shi An’an, it seemed that Shi An’an didn’t like the Shui Jing Gong, and the boats didn’t go near the Shui Jing Gong during the water migration.

As for Cheng Que’s limited contact with Shi An’an, it was probably only when Fei Luo brought Shi An’an to visit. Just based on such simple interactions, did Cheng Que already suspect that something was amiss with Shi An’an?

To Shu Shuishui’s question, Cheng Que couldn’t provide a clear answer. Since he saw Shi An’an for the first time, he had a strange feeling, as if he was looking at another floating version of himself. No, Shi An’an seemed to have a natural arrogance, along with a faint condescension, unlike his past self, who was timid and easily startled.

They say that there is often a connection between similar individuals. Cheng Que felt that Shi An’an’s situation should be similar to his own. He had limited emotional connection to this world, like a floating soul. It was just that Shi An’an seemed to have some kind of reliance.

Fortunately, Cheng Que encountered Shu Shuishui in his paranoid delusions. In Shi An’an’s eyes, perhaps there was no room for anyone else anymore.

Cheng Que couldn’t openly admit to his rebirth. The butterfly effect was unpredictable, and from the current development, it seemed that Cang Zhan Star would survive just like in the previous life, and perhaps it would even suffer fewer losses due to their earlier preparations.

Since he knew the outcome was good, Cheng Que felt that he had no need to risk changing the future. Seven years, a time that seemed long but also short, and no one knew what would happen during this period. This time, he wanted to be a thorough participant, not just a bystander.

Like everyone else, he would take the seven peaceful years seriously and strive for survival. This time, he wanted to be an ordinary person, an ordinary person on Cang Zhan Star, an ordinary person in the Shui Jing Gong.

Ordinary Cheng Que began his extraordinary scientific research. With the cooperation of the Gray Rats, Cheng Que’s research enthusiasm was at an all-time high. In addition to experiments, Cheng Que sometimes took on the role of a Shui Jing Gong doctor. After all, he had once modified Gu Langu, so treating some illnesses was not a problem.

While Cheng Que was busy, Xie Feng was also deeply rooted in the laboratory, and the harvest was not bad. All the boats from Zone B had been upgraded, and the internal structure, comfort, energy systems, and control systems had all been greatly improved.

The people from both bases became familiar with each other during the long water migration, and they merged with each other.

It had to be said that the Gray Rats played a crucial role in this process. It seemed that these furry creatures naturally made people feel soft-hearted and joyful.