C58

“I have a mouse friend,” Shu Shuishui said when he saw everyone staring at him, then he explained, “He’s from the northeast of China, and many people there speak like that. I’ve heard it a lot, so I learned it.”

Everyone: “…” Although they didn’t know where the northeast was, it sounded impressive.

Shu Shuishui tilted his little head slightly and continued, “Of course, I also have a bit of a knack for languages, so I learn these things quickly.”

Gu Langu extended his finger from Shu Shuishui’s lifted head and gave him a good rub from his head all the way to his tail. “Shui Shui is amazing.”

Petted by such good-looking hands, Shu Shuishui felt so comfortable that every hair on his body seemed to stretch out. The little dormouse squinted his eyes, a bit shy, and nodded. “Actually, I’m just moderately talented.”

Beside the campfire, everyone seemed to be stuck in a state of helplessness today, unable to free themselves from it. However, it was rare to see Shu Shuishui displaying a slightly proud yet shy expression—it was quite refreshing.

After finalizing two significant transactions, Shu Shuishui once again picked out a few potatoes from his spiritual space. Each person got a baked potato, allowing them to enjoy a day of luxury.

“I feel like this potato is quite similar in texture to sweet potatoes, but the taste is completely different. It’s delicious. Shui Shui, do you have any more seeds? I’d like to exchange for two more.” This was probably the case of eating what’s in the pot while thinking about what’s in the ground. Yu Jin liked this plant called potato.

Speaking of food, Xie Feng suddenly remembered that he still had two odd-looking pieces of something resembling food that he hadn’t eaten. He hurriedly went back to his RV, and took out those two pieces of deep purple plant stems. “Is this Shui Shui’s chew stick?”

Shu Shuishui looked at those two pieces of sugarcane. “Normally, I don’t use sugarcane for chewing, but if you like, you can give it a try. You peel it and then eat the juice inside. It’s easy to store in winter; you can bury it underground.”

Xie Feng clearly didn’t need a chew stick, but he eagerly grabbed the sugarcane and started gnawing on it. The first bite felt quite challenging, but the sweet taste in his mouth was extremely satisfying. “It’s delicious, but a bit difficult to swallow.”

Shu Shui: “…”

These two lucky pieces of sugarcane, which had managed to survive for two days, were completely devoured by Xie Feng, leaving almost nothing behind. Although Shu Shuishui later explained that chewed sugarcane remnants were supposed to be spat out, in Cang Zhan Star, spitting out edible food was clearly not the norm.

Speaking of which, foods like purple tree cakes were staples here, so the idea of sugarcane remnants didn’t seem that hard to accept. Shu Shuishui looked at everyone, observing their contentment and joy over a potato, and suddenly felt a strange discomfort.

In fact, ever since arriving on Cang Zhan Star, from the information he had gathered to the news he had acquired, Shu Shuishui had learned one clear answer: Cang Zhan Star was an unwelcome forsaken planet. Those exiled here were people who had committed crimes, made mistakes, or were captured as prisoners of war due to defeat.

Even from Liu Du, Shu Shuishui had learned that Cang Zhan Star would enter the Era of Apocalypse next year, and the Star System Alliance would completely abandon it. However, after such a long time of interaction, Shu Shuishui felt that Gu Langu, Nan Ge, Yu Jin, and even Xie Feng and Nan Fang should not be people satisfied with just a potato. They should be standing on higher ground.