C64

Gu Langu couldn’t help but curl the corners of his mouth, his mood reaching the pinnacle of delight. However, he didn’t forget to continue guiding Shu Shuishui with care. “Actually, even if Shui Shui is only 1.78 meters tall, he can still protect me, who’s 1.87 meters tall. Because Shui Shui is the best mouse.”

Shu Shuishui sat on Gu Langu’s shoulder, his chubby body rising and falling along with Gu Langu’s movements. He lifted his little head with a hint of pride. “You can’t put it that way. I can only be the second-best mouse. The first one is definitely Shu Bao.”

“Being the second is enough to protect me,” Gu Langu said, noticing Shu Shuishui’s delighted expression. Clearly, being second didn’t make him the slightest bit unhappy.

Shu Shuishui scratched his little chin, pondering for a moment. “That’s true, but I still have to grow to 1.8 meters. I promised Mao Jin before that once I reach 1.8 meters, I’ll let him lean on my shoulder. Being a mouse means being honest.”

“Oh, then wait until you’re 1.8 meters tall before letting him lean on you,” Gu Langu felt that this information couldn’t be considered a threat, but he still inquired, “If Shui Shui becomes human, can he still grow taller?”

“It seems like that’s not possible. Shu Bao once said that the transformation of adult mice is fixed, just like how humans can’t keep growing taller. Mice can’t either,” Shu Shuishui vaguely recalled that Shu Bao had discussed this issue before.

Gu Langu was completely reassured. “Let’s go, we’re heading to Shui Shui’s feng shui treasure land.”

After saying that, he opened the car door and walked in with the small mouse on his shoulder. Since the little hill that Gu Langu had designated for Shu Shuishui was deep in the mountains, though the slope wasn’t steep, the heavy snow combined with the narrow mountain road led Gu Lan Gu to opt for an off-road vehicle instead of the RV.

Shu Shuishui didn’t bring his farm and pasture along, after all, today, he was just going to assess the situation.

Before driving, the little dormouse had already scurried down Gu Langu’s arm and used the steering wheel as a pivot point to skillfully hop onto the sunshade mat in front of the car.

Squatting down, he patted the soft sunshade mat and then sat down. “Gu Gu, let’s drive.”

“Sure.” Gu Langu responded and released the brake. The car headed towards the destination.

The bustling little town gradually grew quiet, with most of the residents leaving to find the best winter shelter, leaving only a few behind to guard their homes.

The car wasn’t speeding along the snowy mountain road. Shu Shuishui had already shifted his focus from gazing around to preparing to make a hat. Since the previous down feathers had been used for gloves and tents, he was now working with warm brown fabric. Interestingly, Gu Langu’s tent had been completed within the first two days of arriving at the destination, but he hadn’t had a chance to use it yet.

“Gu Gu, we’re out of feathers, so I’ll start with fabric for now. When we find feathers, I’ll stuff the hat for you,” Shu Shuishui fiddled with the warm brown fabric in his hands, his sharp little claws considering where to start.

“Alright.” Gu Langu naturally agreed without hesitation. A hat was good enough; there was no need to worry about feathers or not. After all, Gu Langu could regulate his own body temperature. But the colder it got, the more energy he would consume.

“Gu Gu, what style do you like? You can roughly describe it. Making a hat is quick. By the time we return to the little town tonight, it should be finished, and you can wear it.”