Blue Moonflower

Heyo, human beings from outer space!

Oops, my hand slipped and I accidentally wrote another 3+1 fic with a trashy sad ending... my bad!

And yes, I am back! *takes a few dramatic bows* I know, I know, it's so hard to live without me~

Just kidding, but I've hardly written anything this month because I've been so stinking busy and writing this felt soooooo good I can't even explain it! So I hope you find this as satisfying as I did. It's three times Ahsoka saved Caleb and one time she couldn't, requested by jamesidk13 :D

Read on if you dare. 

1.

Menacing laughs ringing out around Caleb, firm hands slapped into his shoulder and he tipped back. He slapped to the cold, hard floor and hardly caught himself, his hands stinging and his arms aching and his knees throbbing.

A hard boot jammed into his ribs and he felt a crack, tumbling further to the floor. Another foot rested on his throat and his eyes blew wide. Caleb looked up desperately at the dark faces sneering down at him.

"Know your place, tip-yip. And I'll give you a hint. It's where you are now. Right there, down on the floor."

The boot pressed harder into Caleb's throat and he squealed, his airways ready to collapse, crushed by the foot.

"That's right, you little–"

"Hey, dunderheads," called a voice he'd never been happier to hear– Ahsoka, "scram before I call Master Windu on you." Or just beat the living crap out of you myself, came the dark undertone.

The pressure on his neck vanished and he coughed as the sound of whispers and shuffling feet echoed through the dark hall. Instantly, the blurred figure of Ahsoka fell to her knees beside him and he felt more hands on him. But these hands were gentle, rolling him over and holding him still enough from his shudders that he could catch his breath.

Then came the sobs, ripping from Caleb's chest and jolting huge, hot tears into his eyes. They poured down his face and dribbled from his chin.

Ahsoka pulled him closer, tucking his head into her shoulder and letting him cry until no more tears would spill from his eyes.

"Let's go to the Halls of Healing," Ahsoka said gently, but there was no room for negotiation. She tugged him to his feet lightly and more carried him than he walked as they made their slow way to the Halls of Healing.

Caleb sat still as a healer examined him, telling him something about fractured ribs and quickly patching him up. He was sent back to his quarters with a little bit of painkiller and Ahsoka took him there, with the permission of his master, and she stayed there until he fell asleep.

2.

Caleb shoved the heavy door to the walk-in cooler open and stepped inside, shuddering from the drop in temperature.

"Frogs..." he thought aloud, reaching out one hand to trace his fingers against the labels pasted to the shelves. Everything was neatly packed onto the shelves, the alphabetically-ordered stickers directing him where to go.

Caleb weaved into an aisle, hurriedly making his way to find the box, but froze in his tracks when a bang rocked the floor. Eyes blown wide, his heart pounded in his ears and the room felt a few degrees colder. He knew why.

Wishing with all of him that he was wrong, Caleb forced his frozen muscles to move, forced himself to turn around and peer across the room.

He wasn't wrong.