Warm, Welcome Arms | Part 2

Heyo, human beings from outer space.

I feel like I've been writing literally all day, or at least nearly all day. I had breaks, but mostly today I just wrote, so yeah, this thing is pretty long. I broke it into 3 parts because that was easier for my little brain to process. I'm not going to do any authors notes until the end of the third part. 

Oh, and it was requested by 

Read on if you dare. 

Anakin sat on Padmé's most comfortable sofa, tears rolling silently down his face, positively numb.

His padawan was dead.

Ahsoka Tano had been executed the day before. He'd felt it happen as he was racing Barriss Offee, the true guilty party, to the senate. They were almost there, so close. Anakin's heart raced and he tried desperately to reach his padawan, who'd been muted by Force-surpressing bonds.

But then the bonds broke and he felt everything pouring from her, such pain, such sorrow. The intensity made him feel sick and he stumbled, nearly vomiting.

"Master Skywalker–?"

"HURRY!" Anakin bellowed, barely holding himself upright. "Can't we get there any faster?! She's dying, I can feel it!"

That's when the real blow struck.

A sudden darkness exploded and Ahsoka's presence vanished, ripping away from the Force so violently he thought his heart had been ripped out and his vision flashed black.

He came to seconds later with a temple guard leaning over to him, fingers pressed into his neck to check his pulse. Anakin shoved the guard aside and threw himself up to his knees, trying desperately to sense any part of Ahsoka.

"No... no," whispered a voice beside him, and he glanced over to see Barriss sagging in the grasp of two strong-armed guards. "I never meant for this to happen, I didn't want her to die."

"You did this!" Anakin growled. He sprang up and lunged for her, the temple guards dragging him away. "YOU KILLED MY PADAWAN!"

Barriss broke into sobs. "Please, no! I didn't mean to! I didn't want her to die! She was my friend, too!"

"Yeah, some friend you were."

Anakin would've killed Offee then and there if it wasn't for the guards holding him back.

That's what he regretted now most of all, sitting numbly on Padmé's fluffy couch. Ahsoka Tano was dead and Offee, the reason Ahsoka was dead, was living and breathing.

"Anakin?"

He looked up at the sound of his name to see Obi-Wan standing in the doorway and Padmé hovering behind him, looking worried.

"I called Obi-Wan, Ani, I'm very worried about you," Padmé said, her own eyes red and puffy from continuous crying.

Anakin looked straight ahead again and stared at nothing. Obi-Wan moved over to lower himself down next to Anakin and Padmé, sniffling, left to cry privately.

"I can't believe she's... she can't be..." Anakin choked out.

"I know," Obi-Wan's voice quivered and Anakin didn't have to look to know the tears ran down his face, too. "I miss her terribly."

"She's not gone, she can't be," Anakin said, and a strangled sob escaped him. "She was seventeen... still basically a baby!"

"I know, I know," Obi-Wan said.