Chapter 218 Defects and Advantages

When Senior Martial Brother Ma said this, he paused for a moment, a look of regret appearing on his face, then continued:

"But unfortunately, there is an unbearable defect in the deeper layers of this sword technique. Starting from the fourth layer, when using the Qingyuan Sword Technique to absorb the spiritual energy of heaven and earth, there is a strange phenomenon of dissipating power every few days. The mana refined through this method in the past few days would inexplicably dissipate a portion on its own. It's truly puzzling!"

"At the fourth layer of the technique, the speed of dissipation is not too frightening, only one-tenth of the newly refined mana would dissipate. With a little effort, ordinary cultivators can replenish it! But if you advance to the fifth or sixth layer, the loss of mana becomes terrifying, increasing at a rate of one-tenth with each layer, causing the diligently refined mana to continue to dissipate. In other words, at the fifth layer, one-fifth of the newly refined mana would dissipate. At the sixth layer, it would be one-third. In this way, who would dare to cultivate the Qingyuan Sword Technique?"

"Moreover, the highest level of the Qingyuan Sword Technique cultivated by disciples of our sect was only the sixth layer. Beyond the sixth layer, it requires cultivators at the Foundation Establishment stage to cultivate it. But when the technique reaches the sixth layer, nearly one-third of the mana is lost. These experts wouldn't dare to take such risks! If the Qingyuan Sword Technique continues to increase the loss of mana after the seventh layer, these experts would be too wronged!"

"You should know that after reaching the Foundation Establishment stage, it's extremely difficult to advance in techniques. And the Qingyuan Sword Technique is already extremely difficult to cultivate. They would have to spend more than a decade, or even several decades, to take such risks and do such foolish things. Who would do that? Moreover, the Qingyuan Sword Technique is not complete, nor is it a divine technique from the immortal world! It doesn't have enough motivation for them to take such risks."

"However, the sword technique's Sword Shadow Splitting Technique is indeed very practical, so it would be a pity to give it up. Therefore, some people only cultivate the first three layers of the Qingyuan Sword Technique, completely treating it as an auxiliary technique. In this way, they don't have to fear the dissipation of mana and can still use the Sword Shadow's technique. Of course, even if they only cultivate the Sword Shadow's technique, these disciples still need to spend four or five years separately cultivating this sword technique."

After listening to the old man's lengthy discourse, Han Li was dumbfounded. When he came to his senses, he felt a sense of unease!

He had already cultivated to the fourth layer of the technique! According to this, if he wanted to continue cultivating the Qingyuan Sword Technique in the future, then a tenth of the cultivated mana would inexplicably dissipate. And as the layers deepen, the loss of mana would increase!

How could he continue cultivating like this?

However, since everything had been made clear, he wouldn't be foolish enough to continue cultivating this sword technique. The cultivation of the Qingyuan Sword Technique would end here for him.

Han Li had just made this decision when the old man's words below surprised him!

"Although the defect of this Qingyuan Sword Technique is so great, it still has its unique advantages. Otherwise, it wouldn't have become the mainstay technique of a sect." The old man pursed his lips and said with a hint of emotion.

"I've heard people say that although this technique is incredibly slow to cultivate, after each layer is completed, it can expand the meridians and deepen the dantian. It allows cultivators who have cultivated this technique to have slightly deeper mana compared to other cultivators of the same level."