Chapter 258: Enchantment

As Han Li clarified the situation, he noticed several peculiarities about the man in front of him.

Firstly, he couldn't determine the man's approximate age from his stunning appearance. Despite his smooth and delicate skin, he appeared to be in his twenties. However, his demeanor and gaze seemed more like that of someone in their thirties or forties, with a hint of frivolity reminiscent of a flamboyant young nobleman.

Nevertheless, the man's cultivation was only at the mid Foundation Establishment stage, which Han Li easily discerned. This was the reason why Han Li dared to stay in this place. If the man had been at the late Foundation Establishment stage, Han Li would have had to reconsider getting involved in such messy affairs.

Secondly, despite being present, Dong Xuan'er only cast a cold glance at him before returning her gaze lovingly to the gorgeous man, as if he were a complete stranger. Something seemed amiss about this!

"Who are you? Are you also an admirer of this young lady? Let me make it clear beforehand, unless this young lady willingly leaves, no one can take her away from me," the gorgeous man said contemptuously, looking down on Han Li's unremarkable appearance and only initial-stage Foundation Establishment cultivation.

Upon hearing this, Han Li showed no signs of remorse but instead, after observing Dong Xuan'er and the gorgeous man for a moment, suddenly shouted in a deep voice, "Who are you to dare use enchantment techniques against cultivators from our seven sects? Your audacity knows no bounds!"

The gorgeous man's face changed slightly upon hearing Han Li's words, but he quickly regained his composure and calmly replied, "You're spouting nonsense! This young lady and I are together willingly. If you don't step aside, don't blame me for being ruthless!"

Meanwhile, Yanyu and Brother Feng, who had also heard Han Li's words, suddenly realized what was happening. They immediately surrounded the gorgeous man with threatening auras, expressing their anger, "Dong Junior Sister, why are you suddenly ignoring us and acting as if you've been bewitched by a stranger? You've obviously been deceived by this kid. Release her enchantment immediately, or you'll feel the wrath of Brother Feng's Purple Radiance Bowl!"

"That's right, something's not right here. Why would Dong Junior Sister leave with you, a stranger, for no reason? It turns out you're a demon! I, Yanyu, must teach you a lesson on behalf of Dong Junior Sister!" Yanyu and Brother Feng said, taking out a purple bowl-shaped artifact and a short spear-like artifact, indicating their intention to attack.

Facing threats from cultivators at the early and mid Foundation Establishment stages, the gorgeous man's expression turned cold as he said, "Presumptuous!"

At this moment, Han Li felt a sense of unease and instinctively felt that the gorgeous man was extremely dangerous. He suddenly shouted into Dong Xuan'er's ear, "Dong Xuan'er! Are you not afraid of angering Senior Sister Hongfu and being confined by her?"

Although Yanyu and Brother Feng didn't notice Han Li's words, the gorgeous man seemed to sense something. After glaring at Han Li, he hurriedly looked at Dong Xuan'er.

However, Dong Xuan'er, with a horrified expression on her face, struggled and escaped from the gorgeous man's embrace, retreating a few steps. Then, she looked confused, as if waking up from a deep sleep.

Yanyu and Brother Feng were overjoyed to see this, but as the gorgeous man approached Dong Xuan'er with a displeased look on his face, they immediately stepped forward to separate them, unwilling to let Dong Xuan'er fall victim to his enchantment again.

Dong Xuan'er's mind was completely clear now, but she seemed to remember something terrifying and dared not look at the gorgeous man again. Instead, she hurriedly ran to Han Li and took refuge behind him, completely avoiding the angry gaze of the gorgeous man.

She was trembling uncontrollably, her face filled with fear, completely devoid of her previous arrogance.

The gorgeous man's face turned slightly blue. With a venomous look in his eyes, he scanned Yanyu and Brother Feng before finally glaring at Han Li.

Seeing that all three of them were on guard against him, he knew that it would be impossible to take Dong Xuan'er back today.

Because Dong Xuan'er had regained her senses, delaying these three for a while would be enough for him to leave. Moreover, if a fight broke out, it was highly likely to attract other cultivators, and he didn't want to be recognized here.

But he had never let go of a piece of fat meat once it was in his mouth.

Thinking of this, his beautiful face twisted slightly, and he said coldly, "Today's not over yet. I'll remember you three. Be careful!"

With that, the gorgeous man's body flashed with five-colored light and turned into a streak of light, shooting off into the distance, leaving Han Li and the others staring in disbelief!

Back at the Fengyue Inn where Han Li was staying, he and Yanyu and Brother Feng listened as Dong Xuan'er recounted her experience of being enchanted by the gorgeous man.

"...I don't know why, but as soon as I made eye contact with him, my head immediately felt dizzy, and I didn't want to think about anything else. I just wanted to please him desperately and do anything for him, as if he were my destined master, and I couldn't muster any resistance. But I had only just met him for the first time, how could this be? I don't want to be anyone's slave!" Dong Xuan'er's face grew paler as she spoke, and the feeling of being completely controlled by the gorgeous man filled her with terror, more terrifying than death itself.

Han Li and the others exchanged glances, their faces extremely grim. The gorgeous man's enchantment technique was too powerful. If he had used such magic against them, how could they resist it?

"Don't worry, everyone. It seems that his enchantment technique shouldn't work on us men!" After pondering for a while, Han Li spoke slowly.

"What? Does Han Junior Brother have any insights?" Brother Feng asked eagerly, his spirits lifted.

"It's quite obvious. If his enchantment technique could truly affect us men, do you think he would have left us with such resentful glances when he left? Or perhaps his mana was insufficient, leaving him unable to cast the spell again. However, judging by his confident demeanor when facing us three, he doesn't seem to lack mana, so I believe the first possibility is the most likely," Han Li explained calmly.

Upon hearing this, Brother Feng and Yanyu breathed a sigh of relief. Since the other party could only use such powerful enchantment techniques on women, they had nothing to fear. They were not afraid to confront him with their mana and magical artifacts.

"Han Junior Brother! If our female cultivators encounter this person, won't they be controlled for life? I don't want that!" Dong Xuan'er's face was extremely pale, and as she spoke, she seemed on the verge of tears. For the first time, she called "Han Junior Brother" with extreme sorrow.

Han Li was speechless. He wasn't the

other party's minion or seeking protection, so why was Dong Xuan'er turning to him?

However, Han Li didn't know that since he had rescued Dong Xuan'er from that terrifying situation, she had unconsciously developed a sense of dependence on him. When she found herself in danger, she naturally turned to him with such a pleading look.

Before Han Li could respond, the other two immediately patted their chests and promised to protect Dong Xuan'er closely in the coming days, vowing not to let the demon-man succeed again.

Dong Xuan'er felt a little relieved knowing that two Foundation Establishment cultivators were protecting her. Having two Foundation Establishment cultivators protecting her seemed to resolve her worries. This time, she had been taken advantage of because she was unprepared. Next time, she wouldn't let the other party control her so easily.

Thus, with a slightly revived spirit, Dong Xuan'er soon became playful again, using her charm to entice the two men until they were completely bewitched.

Han Li couldn't help but feel a bit helpless.

In retrospect, Dong Xuan'er's techniques were somewhat similar to the gorgeous man's enchantment, but hers wasn't as domineering. However, her charm technique was undoubtedly a highly advanced form of enchantment. To be able to completely captivate a man without a sound, Han Li realized that her technique was no less dangerous than the gorgeous man's. It was equally perilous!