Chapter 296: Taking a Master

"What an old monster, no one says such things!" The girl's face changed dramatically as she forced a smile and hurriedly lowered her head, not daring to look up.

Han Li chuckled lightly, not bothering with the girl's reaction, but instead cast a cold gaze towards the old man.

The old man's expression mirrored the girl's panic.

He had no idea how much Han Li had heard of their conversation just now, and couldn't help but feel bitterly regretful. He dared not speak the prepared words he had in mind.

"I didn't expect Senior to arrive so soon! I thought I would have to wait at least another two hours! I'll bring the book to Senior right away."

The old man, feeling helpless, forced himself to muster some spirit to deal with Han Li's displeasure, and cleverly mentioned the scripture, hoping to calm Han Li's anger.

"Very well, bring it here!" Han Li finally said coldly after staring at the old man for a moment.

This temporarily eased the tension in the old man's heart. In his view, at least the other party wouldn't vent his anger immediately.

The old man hurriedly agreed, walking towards the adjacent room. The girl, seeing this, also moved to follow the old man, but was stopped by his gaze.

Are you kidding me?

If both of them went to the next room together, wouldn't it deliberately provoke the other party? It would make the other party think they were still up to something. However, the old man completely discarded any unrealistic thoughts now, fearing that it might cause Han Li to misunderstand.

The girl could only pout and stay in the room, not daring to say a word, standing still beside Han Li.

The old man moved quickly. In the blink of an eye, he came back holding a dilapidated wooden box. It seemed that the scripture should be inside.

"Senior, my granddaughter and I learned the breathing techniques from this book. Please have a look and see if it's of any use to Senior?" The old man walked a few steps to Han Li's side, respectfully saying, and gently opened the wooden box, revealing a slightly blackened yellow book, and handed it to Han Li.

This book looked ancient at first glance!

Han Li squinted his eyes and glanced at the book in the old man's hand, nodding as he took the book.

Although the book had discolored due to its age, when Han Li touched the cover with his fingers, it felt smooth and delicate, as if it were extremely tough.

It seemed that this book was not made of ordinary materials, but some kind of special demon beast skin. Otherwise, it wouldn't have lasted so long and still be preserved.

Han Li gently touched the book for a while, pondered for a moment, and then slowly flipped through the pages.

However, after just a few glances, Han Li frowned.

As soon as he opened the book, what he saw were some very unfamiliar ancient characters. These characters, Han Li could be sure that he didn't recognize them at all, and had never seen similar symbols in the various books in the Yellow Maple Valley.

Since he didn't recognize them, Han Li didn't waste any time and quickly flipped through the book.

As a result, on the last two pages, he finally found a set of seemingly added verses. The characters used in this set of verses were a kind of ancient text commonly used in the cultivation world, which made it very easy for him to understand.

Han Li knew that this was the breathing technique, so he started to contemplate it earnestly.

After a meal's time, Han Li slowly closed the book, his face showing a thoughtful expression.