Chapter 351: The Death of Qi Yunxiao

Han Li lightly chuckled upon hearing this and immediately explained, "Miss Xin misunderstood. The person behind me is not a living person, but rather a refined corpse created by me. Miss Xin can easily verify this with her spiritual sense."

After saying this, Han Li consciously stopped advancing and waited for Xin Ruyin to verify Qu Hun's identity as a zombie.

Sure enough, after a moment, Xin Ruyin's voice sounded again.

"It was my misunderstanding. Senior Han, please come in!"

There was a hint of apology in Xin Ruyin's voice, but Han Li just smiled indifferently, unaffected, and drove the Divine Wind Boat out of the passage.

As soon as Han Li flew out, his eyes lit up as he saw the bamboo houses that he had visited once before.

In front of the bamboo houses stood two women, Xin Ruyin and her pretty maid.

Both of them were dressed in simple white clothes, with Xin Ruyin appearing as a young widow, which surprised Han Li.

"Widow Xin pays respects to Senior Han."

Seeing Han Li's arrival, Xin Ruyin stepped forward gracefully and bowed. However, her haggard appearance made Han Li suspicious.

"No need for formalities, Miss Xin!" Han Li politely responded, full of questions.

At this moment, Xin Ruyin's maid also stepped forward to greet Han Li.

Han Li absentmindedly nodded.

Obviously, Xin Ruyin didn't intend to have a long conversation with Han Li here. She forced a smile and led Han Li into a larger bamboo house.

As they entered the room, Han Li was stunned.

On a wooden table directly opposite the door, there was a black memorial tablet inscribed with the words "Husband Qi Yunxiao." In front of the tablet, there was a small incense burner with several incense sticks burning, emitting a faint smoke.

Seeing this scene, Han Li couldn't help but understand what had happened.

Qi Yunxiao had actually passed away, which was unexpected for Han Li.

After the initial shock, he sighed lightly, stepped forward, picked up a bundle of incense sticks from the table, lit them, bowed twice, and then inserted them into the burner.

"Miss Xin, what happened exactly?" After paying his respects, Han Li turned back and asked softly.

"This is a long story, Senior Han. Please follow me to another room, and I will explain it to you in detail," Xin Ruyin said with a hint of weakness and a redness in her eyes.

The current Xin Ruyin no longer had the shrewd and capable appearance that Han Li remembered, completely resembling a pitiful young woman.

Seeing this, Han Li could only nod silently.

So, under Xin Ruyin's guidance, Han Li entered the adjacent room and sat down.

The maid quickly made tea for Han Li and poured him a cup.

After taking a sip of the fragrant tea, Han Li put down the teacup and asked solemnly, "I didn't expect Qi Daoist to meet such a mishap in just a few months. Truly, fate is unpredictable! By the way, I wonder when Miss Xin and Qi Daoist became husband and wife. If I had known earlier, I would have sent a congratulatory gift."

After hearing Han Li's words, Xin Ruyin showed a bitter smile. Before she could speak, her maid spoke up first.

"Senior, our young miss became Qi Gongzi's widow voluntarily after his death."