Chapter 269: Blood Red

"Does this thing intend to catch us all in one net?" Zhong Wu's face turned a bit pale as he spoke.

"Hmph!"

Xuan Le remained silent, instead waving his hand, and seven or eight fireballs flew out from his hand, shooting towards the dense spider web.

"Boom boom" After several sounds, the spider web remained intact, not even leaving a trace of scorch marks.

This time, the others didn't show surprise, obviously expecting that the spider web wouldn't be so easily broken.

In an instant, several claws of the white spider bent slightly, then with a sudden force, its entire body rushed forward, aiming straight for Xuan Le.

Xuan Le's expression sank, reaching out his hand to pull out a yellow talisman and pressing it to the ground. The talisman silently merged into the ground.

Following that, a huge stone spike, several feet thick, shot up from the ground not far ahead, accurately piercing the spider's abdomen as it leaped into the air, pinning it tightly to the cave ceiling, preventing it from coming down for a moment.

"Good!" Lu Tianmeng saw this and shouted with joy.

Then, he threw out a dark green leather bag, aimed directly at the spider on the cave ceiling, with a faint radiance emanating from it.

At this moment, the spider trapped on the cave ceiling screamed a few times, its claws clasped around the top of the stone spike, then it exerted force.

With a clatter, the top of the stone spike was easily crushed, countless stone fragments falling down.

Finally regaining its freedom, the monster's body fell, landing perfectly on the damaged tip of the stone spike, its small eyes flashing with green light, seeming to be provoked.

It lowered its body and then lunged towards the group of cultivators once again.

But at this moment, a radiance burst forth from the leather bag thrown by Lu Tianmeng, accurately engulfing the spider from mid-air, then swiftly retracting like lightning, shrinking the monster from large to small, pulling it into the bag.

Han Li and the others were surprised to see the spider, which seemed so difficult to deal with, being captured so easily, it was truly unimaginable.

Lu Tianmeng himself wore a pleasantly surprised expression.

Although his "Sun Moon Bag" was extremely powerful and had captured many monsters, being able to easily capture this spider still took him by surprise. However, the subsequent excitement surged in his heart. If he could tame such a monster, wouldn't his strength soar?

Thinking of this, Lu Tianmeng couldn't contain his excitement. He waved towards the green leather bag, and it flew over slowly under the gaze of others.

The other cultivators naturally knew what capturing such a live monster meant for the people of Ling Beast Mountain, revealing expressions of envy. But just as this expression began to show, the flying bag suddenly stopped in mid-air, ceasing its movement.

Lu Tianmeng was surprised and quickly tried to forcibly retract it with his mana, but after the bag swayed a few times, it still stopped in mid-air.

The people around also knew that something was wrong and became cautious.

The surface of the bag began to deform unevenly, as if the monster inside was causing trouble. This phenomenon lasted only for a moment before disappearing, followed by a sudden bulging of the bag. Then with a loud bang, the bag split into pieces, and the white spider forcibly broke the artifact, reverting to its original form.

The monster, freed once again, clearly fell into madness. Its crystalline white body gradually turned red, emitting a terrifying blood-red light, and its mouthful of fangs kept grinding, making a dreadful "crunching" sound.

Seeing this, Lu Tianmeng and the others retreated a few steps with shock and anger.

If it were in an open area, these cultivators wouldn't have died so easily. After all, being able to fly with artifacts could delay the time somewhat!

With a "bang," the spider flashed to Lu Tianmeng's side. When it tried to cut him in half after breaking his shield, it was blocked by a suddenly appearing black object.

The object was round and flat, like a small shield, but upon closer inspection, its surface cracked into large pieces, revealing an immensely large tortoise shell. This claw left only a shallow mark on the object, surprising everyone.

Seeing that it was ineffective, the giant spider immediately abandoned Lu Tianmeng and swiftly moved to Han Li's side, ready to bite. But Han Li's expression remained cold. After a slight blur, his body immediately disappeared in place, then reappeared in a certain location seven or eight zhang away. This unexpected move stunned the monster, freezing it in place.

However, in this brief delay, Xuan Le's yellow bell finally caught up. With a flash of yellow light, it enlarged and trapped the monster beneath it once again. Then, Han Li's Dark Dragon Seizing was cautious as it hovered outside the bell, afraid that the monster would break free again.

"You two don't need to worry, my Sky Covering Bell is made with refined copper, it won't be able to escape!" Xuan Le explained calmly to Han Li and Lu Tianmeng after relaxing his expression.

Upon hearing this, Han Li relaxed slightly and retracted his Dark Dragon Seizing, seeming to really trust in the bell.

As for Lu Tianmeng, he walked up to the bell, looked at it for a moment, and then pondered with an uneasy expression.

"No, I'm still not at ease! You continue to trap the beast with this bell, give me some time to summon a talisman treasure and completely kill this beast." After a moment of contemplation, he said with an anxious shake of his head.

Upon hearing this, Xuan Le frowned but said nothing, appearing indifferent to the situation.

Meanwhile, Han Li glanced at the teleportation array and the token on the skeleton. After a moment of thought, he walked to an empty space on the side and sat cross-legged, seemingly leaving the matter to the other two.

At this point, Lu Tianmeng took out a shining blue talisman, sandwiched it in his hand, and slowly infused it with spiritual power.

Obviously, for a late Foundation Establishment cultivator, using a talisman treasure was much faster. After just a short while, his hands separated, and a delicate and exquisite blue ruler flew out, hovering over Lu Tianmeng's head.

"Is it done? I'm going to release the monster!" Seeing this, Xuan Le controlled the bell while seemingly concerned.

"It's done. You can rest assured that you'll die peacefully. I, Lu, will accept this Great Shifting Command!" Lu Tianmeng's eyes widened suddenly, his face showing a ferocious expression.

Then, with a loud shout, countless rays of light burst out from the small ruler above his head, instantly splitting into two, then four, then eight... in the blink of an eye, hundreds of identical small rulers appeared, each emitting a buzzing roar. Then, under Lu Tianmeng's control, most of the rulers smashed towards Xuan Le densely, while a small part shot towards Han Li who was meditating.

Han Li, upon witnessing this, showed a subtle change in expression, instinctively tightening his grip on the object in his hand, and stared intently at the approaching talisman. Meanwhile, Xuan Le remained calmly indifferent to the looming danger before them.

Upon seeing the expressions of the two, Lu Tianmeng's smug expression froze, realizing something was amiss. He inwardly exclaimed "this is bad" and attempted to summon the turtle shell for protection. However, a sudden explosion of earth behind him interrupted his actions, followed by a streak of blood-red light passing by his side.

Instantly, Lv Tianmeng's body,Split into two halves, landed on the ground. And after darting a certain distance, the red light stopped, revealing the blood spider that had escaped confinement at an unknown time.