Chapter 286 Wang Mansion

The Xīn Wang Mansion was not located within the Imperial City, but rather in the southern district. After an hour's journey in a horse-drawn carriage, Han Li and the others arrived at the intersection of the southern district.

The architectural style of the residences in the southern district, unlike those in the eastern district where the Qin Mansion was located, was noticeably different, mostly consisting of standard, orderly buildings.

The size and style of the residences here directly indicated the rank and status of the occupants.

These residences were all built by the government and allocated to officials strictly according to their ranks and titles. No one dared to expand or renovate them arbitrarily, as it would constitute a violation of regulations.

As a member of the royal family and holding the title of a prince, the Xīn Wang naturally had one of the most prominent residences in the southern district.

The area of his mansion was slightly larger than that of the Qin Mansion, making it a colossal estate.

When the carriage stopped in front of the Xīn Wang Mansion, Han Li immediately sensed the majestic aura of worldly wealth and power that could only be found in the mortal realm.

The gate of the mansion was about five or six zhang high and three or four zhang wide, entirely enveloped in thick brass skin. Dozens of huge door nails were embedded in the facade, giving the gate an opulent and dignified appearance.

On both sides of the nearly ten-zhang-high steps, there were ferocious bronze lion statues, polished to a shine, emitting a dazzling light, incredibly eye-catching!

However, what made the Xīn Wang Mansion appear even more imposing was the sixteen neatly dressed guards standing on the steps outside the gate. These guards were specially borrowed from the Forbidden Guard of the Imperial City by the Xīn Wang to prevent any unexpected incidents due to the large number of people.

The steward of the Xīn Wang Mansion was a thin, old man who was currently standing on the steps, smiling and greeting each new guest on behalf of the master, the Xīn Wang. He didn't dare to neglect any of the guests.

At this moment, dozens of carriages of various sizes had already stopped in front of the gate, almost filling the entire empty space in front of the mansion.

On the huge bluestone steps, there were five or six guests who had not yet entered the mansion, chatting with each other. They were all elegantly dressed and graceful in their movements, clearly individuals of high status.

Seeing all this, Qin Yan straightened his clothes and calmly got off the carriage.

Han Li, vigilant, looked around and saw the presence of cultivators, so he also got off the carriage with peace of mind.

As for the several young masters and misses of the Qin family, they had already gotten off the carriage as soon as it stopped. They were now standing in front of the mansion, excitedly discussing something.

Han Li glanced at the guests still on the steps and found that besides the juniors of the Qin family, other guests also brought young relatives such as sons and nephews.

"Are they all invited by the so-called young prince, or is it simply a pretext by the Xīn Wang Mansion to deliberately gather these young people here?" Han Li pondered, feeling puzzled, and then glanced at Qin Yan.

Seeing Qin Yan's similarly furrowed brows, it was evident that he was also somewhat surprised.

"Grandfather, let's go in! The young prince and the others are waiting for us!" A sixteen or seventeen-year-old young master of the Qin family, seeing that his grandfather had been standing near the carriage without moving, couldn't help but step forward and say this, encouraged by the persuasion of his siblings. He was afraid of being reprimanded by Qin Yan.