Chapter 299: Various Thoughts

"What's wrong? Are you feeling unwell?" The older man's heart jolted, whispering in surprise.

"Yes! I experienced a backlash of my own mana. I urgently needed the blood essence of a cultivator to suppress the true essence within my body. Apart from you, there was only Daoist Wu nearby. I couldn't come to you, could I? The situation was extremely dangerous at the time. The backlash occurred two days earlier than expected, and I almost couldn't suppress it." The young man said with a bitter smile, clearly still shaken by the experience.

"I see. So that's why. But you still need to explain this matter to the higher-ups. However, from my estimation, it's likely because you've been too hasty in cultivating the Black Fiend Asura Technique recently, causing the backlash to occur prematurely. It's better not to practice in the Blood Prison for now. Instead, focus on consolidating your foundation." After thinking for a moment, the older man spoke slowly.

"Don't worry! After absorbing the blood essence of that old Daoist, my backlash completely disappeared. As long as I'm more cautious in the future, there won't be any more accidents like this. I've also realized that my cultivation progress has been too fast recently, and I'm considering not going there anymore!" The young man said calmly.

"Alright, as long as you understand. However, even though we've eliminated that old Daoist, planting a spiritual mark inside him poses a big problem! We can't just leave this person unattended. We need to find a way to deal with him without leaving any trouble behind."

"Yes, that's true! But I originally thought that the friends Daoist Wu associated with were all low-level cultivators. So after setting up the trap, I only called upon the Five Friends of Mengshan to ambush. Who knew we would attract such a big fish. Do you think it was done by a group of low-level cultivators or by a Foundation Establishment cultivator?" The young man couldn't help but ask the older man.

"Hehe, from my estimation, it's most likely a Foundation Establishment cultivator! After all, no matter how many Qi Condensation cultivators there are, it's not easy to capture them all at once if they all want to flee." The older masked man said without hesitation.

"In that case, should we temporarily avoid confrontation? Wait until the Master comes out of seclusion before continuing with our other plans. After all, dealing with a Foundation Establishment cultivator is not something to be taken lightly!" The young man hesitated a bit, hearing the other person's confident identification of the captor of the Five Friends of Mengshan.

"Avoid? Why should we avoid? Don't you know? Just now, news came from the Master that, for cultivation purposes, some Foundation Establishment cultivators are needed for blood sacrifices. Since this person came looking for trouble on their own, we can't let them go easily. After all, it's easy to catch Qi Condensation cultivators everywhere, but encountering a lone Foundation Establishment cultivator is quite rare!" The older man sneered and said with a murderous look in his eyes.

The young masked man was slightly stunned by this information, but then he hesitated and said, "But within the capital city, because the Master is stationed here, apart from the four Blood Servants around the Master, our sect doesn't have any Foundation Establishment experts here. They are all overseeing matters in various branch altars. We can't just ask them to return to the capital, can we?"

"There's no need for such trouble! The Master urgently needs Foundation Establishment cultivators for cultivation. As long as I report to him, the Master should allocate one or two Blood Servants to assist us. With our assistance, capturing a Foundation Establishment cultivator will be a piece of cake. In this way, the two of us will have made great contributions, and maybe we'll have the opportunity to enter the Foundation Establishment stage just like the four Blood Servants?" The older masked man's eyes showed a greedy look.