Chapter 232: The Great Derivation Decision

After hearing the other party's words, Han Li remained silent. He continued to tightly grasp the opponent's soul with his hand emitting white light, pondering quietly.

After a while, Han Li raised his head and coldly said, "If I had been caught off guard by your soul intrusion just now, I wonder if you would spare me? Your power far exceeds mine as a mere Foundation Establishment disciple. Most likely, I would end up being devoured by you."

The malice in Han Li's words was evident.

"I can tell you a secret and offer you unparalleled techniques!" Senior Lin, filled with dread, hurriedly transmitted his voice.

"A secret, techniques? Is it the Great Derivation Decision of your Thousand Bamboo Sect?" Han Li's casual remark immediately caused the green light on the soul to flicker, and a stuttering voice came from it:

"How did you know about this? You... you were the one spying yesterday!"

At this moment, Senior Lin finally realized.

"Alright, since you know that I'm not entirely ignorant of your affairs, just tell me everything honestly! You wouldn't want me to destroy your soul immediately, would you?" Although Han Li's tone was light, it made Senior Lin's soul tremble in his hand.

"What else can I say? Junior Brother heard everything yesterday, didn't you?" Senior Lin sighed and said with a touch of embarrassment.

Meanwhile, outside the formation, the disciples of the Thousand Bamboo Sect, seeing that there was no response from inside the formation even after the conversation, became infuriated and launched a new round of attacks with their puppets. The scene outside became lively again, but inside the formation, it remained calm except for some faint noises and vibrations.

"Junior Brother, what kind of formation is this? It can withstand such a fierce attack, truly unbelievable!" Seeing this scene, Senior Lin feigned surprise and said.

"Hmph, don't worry about my formation, and don't interrupt. I have no interest in your internal conflicts within the Thousand Bamboo Sect. What I want to know is whether you know anything about the Great Derivation Decision, what kind of abilities it grants when cultivated, and if you're deliberately trying to stall for time, I'll destroy you immediately." Han Li frowned and said coldly.

Then, the white light in his hand suddenly surged, and with a forceful grip, Senior Lin's soul let out a miserable cry, unable to even call out!

"This Great Derivation Decision is a secret technique created by the founder of our sect. It specializes in strengthening the divine sense and practicing the art of dividing the soul. It is also a mandatory technique for using puppets in our sect. Only by practicing this technique can one attach divine sense to numerous puppets and manipulate them freely! Otherwise, no matter how many puppets we refine, if we cannot control them simultaneously, what use are they?" Feeling Han Li's ruthlessness, Senior Lin no longer dared to procrastinate and hurriedly explained.

"Since it is a fundamental technique of the Thousand Bamboo Sect, why do you need to plot for it again? Moreover, there seems to be talk of an incomplete version, what's the matter with that?" Han Li continued to inquire calmly.

"There's nothing to hide about this. Although the Great Derivation Decision is a basic technique of our sect, it is also the foundation of our sect and cannot be easily taught to all sect members. So the Great Derivation Decision currently practiced by the disciples of the Thousand Bamboo Sect is only a simplified version of the original. Although it's easy to practice, when fully cultivated, it is far less powerful than the first layer of the complete Great Derivation Decision. Only the higher-ups of the sect can cultivate the complete version."

"Those outside have cultivated the first two layers of the complete Great Derivation Decision, which allows them to control nearly a hundred mechanical puppets at once! And I have cultivated the third layer, allowing me to control over three hundred, surpassing them. But the Great Derivation Decision beyond the third layer has always been exclusive to the sect leader and the heir to the sect leader!"

"Back then, when a rebellion occurred in the Thousand Bamboo Sect, my father was ambushed by the current sect leader, Jin Nantian, and even the complete Great Derivation Decision was taken by him. At that time, as the deputy sect leader, I was handling sect affairs outside and, upon learning of this news, I could only fake my death and flee to the country of Yue, unable to confront him. Although I didn't have the complete Great Derivation Decision, as the son of the sect leader, I was privy to the first four layers of the technique and compiled them into a volume."

"I originally planned to spend the rest of my life here, but unexpectedly, the Great Derivation Decision was about to break through the third layer recently, arousing my desire for revenge. I foolishly contacted some loyal subordinates from back then, hoping they could steal the secrets of the last three layers, but I didn't expect to end up like this! I don't know if they were caught trying to steal or if they simply betrayed me!"

Senior Lin recounted his story in detail this time, his voice filled with anger and resentment at the end!

Han Li coldly watched Senior Lin vent his dissatisfaction, making no move. Only after the other calmed down slightly did he continue to inquire without courtesy:

"What's the secret you mentioned?"

"Well... I hope to... Oh no! Stop, I'll tell you, I'll tell you now!"

Senior Lin's soul hesitated for a moment, seeming to want to make a condition. But Han Li didn't give him a chance to speak. He immediately gave him another bitter taste, almost crushing Senior Lin's soul. This made Senior Lin immediately change his tone out of fear!

"Don't offer me a toast just to drink a forfeit! It's better if you don't mention any conditions until I've heard everything I want to know. Otherwise, I'll crush you immediately." Han Li's voice was icy.

For a moment, Senior Lin was completely shocked by Han Li's ruthless methods, and in fear, he hurriedly said:

"In fact, this secret is related to the Great Derivation Decision. It has long been circulating among the high-ranking members of the Thousand Bamboo Sect. However, no one knows if it's true or false! But when my father was still alive, he secretly told me that there was a fifty to sixty percent chance that this secret was true!"

"Isn't it time for the Thousand Bamboo Sect's high-level members to secretly spread such a rumor: anyone who cultivates the Great Derivation Decision to a high level will find it much easier to form their Nascent Soul, and they will be more likely to break through bottlenecks in cultivation. Because the past sect leaders and heirs who could balance both aspects and form their Nascent Soul are not rare occurrences. Since those who can become sect leaders are undoubtedly peerless geniuses in cultivation, it's not surprising that they can balance both. Therefore, the credibility of the Great Derivation Decision in increasing the probability of forming Nascent Soul is even lower! And now you don't even have the complete version of the Great Derivation Decision in your hands. You want to team up with me and someone from another sect to confront him. Isn't that seeking death? Moreover, even if I spare you, who can guarantee that you won't

hold a grudge and act against me in secret?"

"You have so many reasons. How could I spare you?" Han Li looked at his right hand, which had just ended the life of a Foundation Establishment cultivator, and muttered under his breath.